Author Topic: PRTG Alarm Monitoring  (Read 2467 times)

Offline Jordan

• Contributer
    • View Profile
PRTG Alarm Monitoring
« on: April 16, 2018, 08:02:43 AM »
Hi all,

We currently have PRTG monitoring a number of systems for their alarm state but currently we only get back if the alarm is clear, minor, major, or critical. Does anyone know where we can get the MIBs from to allow us to find the alarm reason for tickets to be prioritized correctly by our proactive team?

Thanks,
Jordan

Offline JasonTaylor

• View Profile
Re: PRTG Alarm Monitoring
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 08:27:35 AM »
I've just downloaded MIB's for MBG and MiVB to try and make heads / tails of them!

MBG - under configuration/snmp - download Mitel Enterprise MIB's.

MiVB - Mitel Connect software downloads /MiVoice Business you will see SNMP MIBs under 8.0 SP3

Offline Jordan

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 08:56:15 AM »
Thanks Jason - I did find those but the disclaimer scared me a little!

I assume they are free to use provided that the software they are monitoring is paid for and licensed?

Offline JasonTaylor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 03:26:11 PM »
Thanks Jason - I did find those but the disclaimer scared me a little!

I assume they are free to use provided that the software they are monitoring is paid for and licensed?

What disclaimer?  I'm sure you will be fine as long as it is for legitimate purposes. 

I'm trying to find an SNMP MIB/OID to get the output for amount of SIP trunks in use from either MiVB or MBG, which from previous posts I've seen it sounds like you have this working?  I've raised this with Mitel but not much help so far.  I would be interested to know a bit more about your script, I'm guessing this is not SNMP?

Offline Jordan

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2018, 04:57:01 AM »
We don't use SNMP for that, no - it's a Linux server running a script as a cron job querying the endpoints on our SBCs, which are then written to an xml file for PRTG to read.

We don't actually query the PBXs connected to the SBCs - the way we do it gives us the total trunks assigned, and the number of concurrent calls each minute (also as a percentage of the capacity assigned to the customer).

I didn't write the scripts myself and they look pretty complicated!

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2018, 08:20:12 AM »
For MiVB, check the other thread...MITEL-IperaVoiceLAN-MIB::mitelIpera3000CatTblName.1 onwards.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10