Author Topic: Playing a recorded message to a customer  (Read 2362 times)

Offline dfrear

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Playing a recorded message to a customer
« on: April 11, 2018, 01:30:12 PM »
Hi,

We run a Mitel MiVoice 250/Mitel 5000 system and have a requirement to read out a long (3min) script at a certain point within a call. The customer must listen to the entire script and then respond yes or no at the end of the script.

Having our call center staff read this out is prone to error and quite frankly, draining!

Is there a way in which we can, lets say for example:

Upon reaching the point where the script is to be read, pass the call to an attendant which plays a recording of the script then have the call come back to the same agent (automatically)

Failing that, is there any other way?

Any ideas, suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated

Regards, Daniel

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Playing a recorded message to a customer
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 01:44:46 PM »
dfrear,

Wow, well the answer is yes and no. You have to keep in mind that the Voice Processor on the MiVO-250 can only have a maximum of 32 ports.

What you could do is create what is called a Call Routing Announcement.

Voice Processor > Devices > Applications

Change the Day and Night Recording number to one that isn't used and remember to remove Recording 001 Voice Mail Greeting.

Then when an agent gets the call they can conference themselves and the user to Call Routing Application. When the application completes it hangs up the call and the agent is still on the line with the caller.

Other than that you would need a separate server for an IVR and some logic to get the call back to the original agent and hope they didn't get another call in the meantime.

If you go with the first option make sure you have enough Voice Mail ports on your system.

Thanks,

TE

Offline dfrear

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 05:36:01 PM »
Thanks TE - I hadn't considered conferencing with a CRA. That sounds like a realistic way of doing what we want - I'll give it a go and see how it works.

Appreciate the help, thanks. Luckily the script itself is only used for a portion of calls so unless we end up with a situation where we've got an incredibly high volume we *should* manage with the 32 port limitation

Offline dfrear

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 04:18:54 AM »
Hi TE,

*EDIT*: I've just tried to conference the application in and the system states it's not a valid for conferencing, it seems you can't invite a CRA to a conference?

Is it possible to set this up on a station speed dial or similar?

I tried setting a speed dial to 5253255 (where 2532 is the CRA) but it simply dials the number during a call.

Its to my understanding that conferencing works as follows:

While on the first call, press the Conf button (or feature 5) to place the call on hold. CALL NEXT PARTY TO CNF appears on the LCD display.
    Place a call to the next conference party (for external calls, press the Outgoing button or the Outgoing Call access code [8 is the default code], and then dial the number).
    After the party answers, announce the conference, and then press the Conf button to place the call on hold. If necessary, repeat this step to add the remaining conference party.
    Press the Conf button again to start the conference. CNF IN PROGRESS appears.

Regards, Daniel
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 04:28:13 AM by dfrear »

Offline pexecutone

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 08:26:47 AM »
Transfer the call to the CRA.

Offline dfrear

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 08:28:25 AM »
Hi pexecutone,

If I transfer the call to the CRA, how does the call make it's way back to the appropriate agent after listening to the message?

Regards, Daniel

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2018, 08:31:58 AM »
How many agents?

Maybe a separate CRA for each agent.

Offline dfrear

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2018, 08:42:21 AM »
A separate CRA for each agent may work as we're looking at about 20 agents - not ideal, but not a major issue either.

However, how would we make sure the Agent didn't receive another call in the meantime? Putting them on DND would work but when the call bounced back from the CRA the Agent would still be on DND

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2018, 09:50:40 AM »
The only thing I can think of at the moment is they could remove themselves from the hunt group.

If you are reporting on the agents it could throw all their stats out though.

Offline dfrear

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2018, 10:54:53 AM »
Unfortunately, as you guessed - it would cause issues with the reporting.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2018, 11:11:34 AM »
dfrear,

Sorry, I haven't been available to look on the site a couple of days. I forgot the system won't let you conference directly to the Voice Processor, but it should indirectly allow this.

Create a Hot Desk extension that you can conference to and have its System Forward setup to go to the CRA that plays the message; see if that works.

Thanks,

TE

Offline dfrear

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2018, 01:17:17 PM »
Certainly no need to apologise!

Thanks for the help, I'll give that a go on Monday

Offline dfrear

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2018, 04:29:01 AM »
OK - I've tried that and get the same message, but I think it's because I'm not doing the combination fast enough:

First I ring in to test, answer the call.
Hit the conference button on the phone (should be feature 5)
Dial the hot desk
The hot desk almost immediately forwards to the CRA so when I then press 5 again the system won't conference with it

Is it possible to build this into a speeddial?

I tried 5222655 where 5 is the feature and 2226 is the hot desk

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2018, 09:52:02 AM »
dfrear,

Don't have the first answer point be the CRA if it happens too quickly, try the second or third one. You should be able to create a speedcall key that does that for you.

I may have some time today to get on a MiVO-250 and test this out; I will let you know what I figure out.

Thanks,

TE

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2018, 10:25:03 AM »
dfrear,

Alright, I had a chance to look into this a bit and I just realized that the only way to do it with just your system is not going to be possible with what you currently have in your system.

The problem is that the call has to be  answer prior to being able to conference. What I was suggesting is that you send it to a location that would allow a conference IF it would answer, but that doesn't work as it won't answer and if it did then it wouldn't go to the Voice Processor; because it was answered, grrr.

The only way I can think to setup a conference without it being answered by the other side is via a trunk port; because the trunk actually answers in reality. If you had a Dual T-1 card installed then you could set it up to route calls between the two T-1 ports and have the answer port for all of the trunks be the Call Routing Announcement.

Otherwise you will need an external device like a RAD, multiple RADs really, or a multi-port IVR, or external voice mail setup to answer calls via SIP or Analog Trunks/Ports that will play your message and then hang up.

Sorry,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10