Author Topic: Information Line?  (Read 768 times)

Offline LostTech19

• View Profile
Information Line?
« on: April 06, 2018, 01:24:13 PM »
I'm new to the Mitel system and this forum so if this post is in the wrong area, I apologize in advance. I have been working with MiVoice 250 System Admin and Diagnostics within our family business for a few months now and while I'm familiar with navigating simple things, I need a little help on this one.

My goal is to be able to allow an employee to cold transfer the customer to a pre-recorded message that gives information on a specific topic. Message length is about 2-3 minutes.

After the recording, the caller receives a menu option to return to the pharmacy or terminate the call.

We also are using four Mitel 8528 phones and one 5330E IP phone with all phones being onsite.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Information Line?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 02:48:40 PM »
In theory, not a problem - this is was a Call Routing Announcement is designed to do.

However, the greeting length is going to be an issue. Whenever a greeting is playing, a voicemail port is tied up. When all ports are in use, you have no voicemail functionality: auto attendants, mailboxes, announcements, etc. will not work.

As a general rule, greetings are kept as short as possible to prevent busy ports.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10