Author Topic: SIP 480 Msg  (Read 1951 times)

Offline pakman

• View Profile
SIP 480 Msg
« on: April 04, 2018, 01:22:49 PM »
Hello,

situation as follows. Employee calls a number that's no longer in service they hear ringing five times then busy signal.There confused and issue a ticket. I find out by calling with my cell this number is no longer in use. When I look at the capture I show 480 coming back. Is there an option I can turn on that would alert the person making the call that this number is not valid? I've engaged our SIP provider as I feel they should return a message stating this but I just started that process.

Thanks

Offline JasonTaylor

• View Profile
Re: SIP 480 Msg
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 02:27:37 PM »
Hello,

situation as follows. Employee calls a number that's no longer in service they hear ringing five times then busy signal.There confused and issue a ticket. I find out by calling with my cell this number is no longer in use. When I look at the capture I show 480 coming back. Is there an option I can turn on that would alert the person making the call that this number is not valid? I've engaged our SIP provider as I feel they should return a message stating this but I just started that process.

Thanks
Are you sure the number is not in use?  The system sends ring back because the SIP trunk provider has sent you a 180 ringing, but then for them to send a 480 temporarily unavailable is odd and needs to be investigated by the trunk provider.  I was looking at a similar problem over a month ago and calls to certain numbers were being 'blocked' from a 3rd party at network level but only from specific CPN's and not from others.  Took them months to fix after giving them endless call examples.

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 02:44:04 PM »
How would one know for sure? If I call from my cell phone and use my desk phone both of which don't have anything to do with our SIP carrier and I get a message this number is no longer in use. I would think it's not a valid number. The location that does not get any message has a different CPN then my cell and desk.

[/quote]
Are you sure the number is not in use?  The system sends ring back because the SIP trunk provider has sent you a 180 ringing, but then for them to send a 480 temporarily unavailable is odd and needs to be investigated by the trunk provider.  I was looking at a similar problem over a month ago and calls to certain numbers were being 'blocked' from a 3rd party at network level but only from specific CPN's and not from others.  Took them months to fix after giving them endless call examples.
[/quote]

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2018, 04:55:53 PM »
i would check that the number is in the did for peer and if used the did routing form.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10