Author Topic: key system keys on Mi Voice 250 6.2  (Read 1153 times)

Offline Crowtalks

• View Profile
key system keys on Mi Voice 250 6.2
« on: April 02, 2018, 12:02:27 PM »
Customer is migrating from a Mitel Anyware to a 5000 platform with three nodes.

They have four banking locations on the node that has a PRI trunking, and on that node, they have key system keys at the different answering positions.

I know on the 3300, as well as the SX200, you can create phantom key system keys that are assigned to hunt groups, and these virtually act like pots lines, but how can you achieve this on the MiVoice 250?

Thanks, Jim

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: key system keys on Mi Voice 250 6.2
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 12:09:09 PM »
Customer is migrating from a Mitel Anyware to a 5000 platform with three nodes.

They have four banking locations on the node that has a PRI trunking, and on that node, they have key system keys at the different answering positions.

I know on the 3300, as well as the SX200, you can create phantom key system keys that are assigned to hunt groups, and these virtually act like pots lines, but how can you achieve this on the MiVoice 250?

Thanks, Jim
You don't... it doesn't work this way on the 5000.

What is the end result you are trying to achieve?

Offline Crowtalks

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 12:25:47 PM »
I think the customer is wanting to see the line 1, line 2, etc and have the customer receive a busy if the four (for example) key system appearances are all in use. They also are used to having the ability to put the line on hold and have someone else that has the same key appearances pick it up (as you can on the 3300

Thanks, Jim

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 01:28:07 PM »
Instead of trying to duplicate the functionality of thier obsolete equipment, why not properly design a solution that takes full advantage of the robust networking features of the 5000?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 07:19:59 AM »
Crowtalks,

I think you or someone at your company needs to sit down with this customer and go over all of the things you can do to successfully provide them a solution that works with the MiVO-250's strengths with the resources it has available.

The only way to do what they want would require a major change from their PRI which, in my opinion, is a decrease in functionality. In the end our jobs are to provide a solution that best fits the customers processes, but sometimes the processes can be improved once a customer understands what they have available to them.

If you take them to the new 6.3 and add Phone Manager you will have a lot more to work with in terms of Call Routing too. This may help with the agents/members being busy as the new Call Routing function, when monitoring a Hunt Group, acts similar to Predictive Overflow in the 3300 and you can send the calls to a mailbox or provide a busy tone and hang up if that is what they want.

Thanks,

TE

Offline jmarcwsp1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2018, 08:07:16 AM »
Well said TE!!

Offline Crowtalks

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2018, 02:14:29 PM »
Thanks, I need to run through the 6.3 upgrade for my cert anyway...I will look into 6.3 as well as phone manager.

Jim

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10