Author Topic: 5304 rings in but once handset is picked up dial tone is heard.  (Read 2003 times)

Offline ehlerzz

• View Profile
First post and green to Mitel IP systems so please be kind.  :)

I am looking for some help in regards to an issue with one of our teachers classroom IP phones (5304)

This phone is able to receive an internal call but once the handset is picked up I only hear a dial tone.  If I immediately hang up the phone the internal call is still active and will be ringing in.

I first thought It was an accidental feature code input from the end user but now I am not sure.  First thoughts on where I should start to trouble shoot would be great. 

I did look to see if maybe a few feature sets where initiated but none of them seemed to change the issue with the phone.

example tried

Headset disable - 316
Headset Off - 317
Answer (ringing Call) - 351

I can call the number internally and answer the call by using the I/C button but that is it.

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 5304 rings in but once handset is picked up dial tone is heard.
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 12:14:51 PM »
Is the handset working at all? Can you pick it up and call out for instance?

If so call a phone you know to be working and check that the internal number you are calling matches the number labelled on the set. Since 5304's are not self-labeling it may have a ringing number programmed on of the of the keys that you have to press to answer and the base extension may be incorrect.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 12:16:30 PM by ZuluAlpha »

Offline ehlerzz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 12:46:21 PM »
Is the handset working at all? Can you pick it up and call out for instance?

If so call a phone you know to be working and check that the internal number you are calling matches the number labelled on the set. Since 5304's are not self-labeling it may have a ringing number programmed on of the of the keys that you have to press to answer and the base extension may be incorrect.

Yes I am able to dial a working extension "my desk phone" using the 5304 and I have two way communication. The 5304 shows the correct programmed extension on the screen and when  calling it with my desk phone my name and extension shows up on the the 5304.

I have tried unplugging the IP phone. Holding in * while plugging it back in. I thought this would re register the phone. Is there a way to also factory reset and maybe start from scratch?  I've looked within MiVoice 250 but did not really notice anything, But again Im not sure what I really need to look for.  I have compared it to another classroom phone and it "looked" to be the same setup.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2018, 01:20:55 PM »
Make sure Automatic Answer I/C and Automatic Answer CO are both set to YES in flags...

This is a flags issue, compare active flags to a known working set, but I am thinking it's the ones above.

Also look at Automatic IC/CO Access On/Off feature access codes (360 & 361 by default). :)

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2018, 02:16:21 PM »
ehlerzz,

I believe that acejavelin is correct with his answer. To test that you can press the Call Key and it should answer the phone; if it does than auto answer is turned off.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10