Author Topic: 911 Address update - Urgent  (Read 1566 times)

Offline evan631

• View Profile
911 Address update - Urgent
« on: March 26, 2018, 02:43:26 PM »
I urgently need to get this resolved...

We had an office move locations this weekend, and they moved into a new calling rate area.  We were informed that we now have a new DID for the purpose of 911 and display the correct address on their side.

It was mentioned that we need to program our PBX with this new DID.  I am not exactly sure where this needs to be done. 

I did a bit of research and I am thinking this needs to be updated on the CPN Substitution form.  Is this correct?

If not can you point me in the right direction.

Thanks

-Evan

Offline mszodiac

• View Profile
Re: 911 Address update - Urgent
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 03:26:49 PM »
You are correct.  You enter that DID under CPN substitution form "Default Voice CPN"

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 03:29:39 PM »
Assuming you have SIP or PRI, you would program this as your default CESID (varies by trunk type) or the CESID in Device Details on each extension for that location.

Changing it in the CPN Substitution form would change it for ALL outbound calls, not just 911. Also remember that a number presented to 911 must be able to receive calls, so you have to program that number to ring to a manned extension. 

Offline evan631

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 09:31:03 AM »
Thanks!  This helped!

I didn't have to make any other changes to the system other than CPN substitution default.
Caller ID was not changed either.

Thanks again!

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2018, 09:59:55 AM »
You may want to test that with 911 if you only change CPN substitution.

If 911 is set as an Emergency Route in ARS Routes then it will look for the CESID and may use a different trunk with a different number for the emergency call than you have for CPN substitution.

Like acejavelin says, it may also depend on what kind of trunks you have.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2018, 03:02:32 PM »
Yes, test it... Always test 911, especially in unique situations like this...

Dial 911 and wait for them to answer, do not under any circumstances hang up until the conversation is finished and make sure the call taker hangs up first... As soon as they answer, immediately say "This is a non-emergency test call. This is (your name) with (your company) calling from (Customer Name and location). Can you please verify ALI (alley) and ANI (annie) information for me?"

Assuming the dispatcher is not in a situation at the moment, they should respond with the physical street address (the ALI) and the callback telephone number defined in as the CESID (ANI).

They may also call back the number presented to verify there is no emergency... if they cannot get to someone, or sometimes even if they can and suspect anything, they may send an officer by to check on things anyway. It is normal.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2018, 06:29:02 PM »

Dial 911 and wait for them to answer, do not under any circumstances hang up until the conversation is finished and make sure the call taker hangs up first... As soon as they answer, immediately say "This is a non-emergency test call. This is (your name) with (your company) calling from (Customer Name and location). Can you please verify ALI (alley) and ANI (annie) information for me?"

Assuming the dispatcher is not in a situation at the moment, they should respond with the physical street address (the ALI) and the callback telephone number defined in as the CESID (ANI).

They may also call back the number presented to verify there is no emergency... if they cannot get to someone, or sometimes even if they can and suspect anything, they may send an officer by to check on things anyway. It is normal.

My experience is that the PSAP will not read back the ANI/ALI data, but will confirm if the address & phone number I provide matches what they see on their display.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2018, 06:31:57 PM »

My experience is that the PSAP will not read back the ANI/ALI data, but will confirm if the address & phone number I provide matches what they see on their display.
Each locality is different... Most places in the upper Midwest where I am most frequently will give out this information pretty freely. But really, either way gets the job done.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10