Author Topic: Call Pickup with IP Console 5540  (Read 1895 times)

Offline gimitel

• View Profile
Call Pickup with IP Console 5540
« on: March 26, 2018, 09:26:52 AM »
Hi Mitel friends,

Installed an IP Console 5540 on a Mitel 3300. This customer wants that when someone rings the ip console that they are able to pikcup the call with the call pickup feature. The problem is that i cannot add an callpickup ext in a call pickup group. Can someone help me out with this.

Regards,

Gimitel

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Call Pickup with IP Console 5540
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 09:37:30 AM »
You can't add a console to a pickup group, you can use Directed Call Pickup, dial code + Console's DN (not an LDN) to answer a call.

Offline gimitel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 10:05:03 AM »
Hi Acejavelin,

What do you mean with not a LDN ?
For example if the feature code Directed Call Pickup is *88 andd the console DN is 500  i have to dial *88500 ?

Regards,

Gimitel

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2018, 12:31:07 PM »
Hi Acejavelin,

What do you mean with not a LDN ?
For example if the feature code Directed Call Pickup is *88 andd the console DN is 500  i have to dial *88500 ?

Regards,

Gimitel
Part of the functionality of a console is to have different LDN's (Listed Directory Numbers), you don't normally use the actual consoles DN for anything except to call the receptionist directly. Typical scenarios are LDN1 is the companies main listed number, LDN2 is the published service number, LDN3 is the toll-free number, LDN4 is the internal dial "0" extension, etc. so the operator can tell exactly what number was dialed and can answer or transfer appropriately.

Another use of these is in the hospitality market... LDN1 is often External Calls, LDN2 is when someone calls the Toll-Free number, LDN3 is VM XFER, and LDN4 is Internal. Then the operator can answer appropriately, and knows that if it comes in on LDN2 not to transfer it to a room, if it's from LDN3 then it came from the Voicemail (reason could vary), and LDN4 is an internal guest.

But regardless, you are correct... You should just be able to dial *88500 or make it a CDE Speedcall key and you can pre-program it on the phone. The other alternative is pick an easy to remember unused 2 digit number, like 77 or 88, and make it a System Speed Call and define it as *88500 for user simplicity.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 12:35:54 PM by acejavelin »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10