Author Topic: Shutdown message for a department ?  (Read 815 times)

Offline MoAl

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Shutdown message for a department ?
« on: March 21, 2018, 04:41:35 PM »
Hello

Our TechSupport team sometimes conduct meetings/training during the work hours and would like to setup something that let the caller know that the team isn't available to take the call now. Is there a way to display like a message to the caller without effecting all the other departments (Sales and Customer service) ?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Shutdown message for a department ?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 05:17:41 PM »
There are many possible ways to accomplish this, but there isn't really any information here to give you an idea... What phone system, voicemail, or other application server is involved? Can you give us an idea of the call flow (DID to auto attendant or ACD path or ???)?

If we can get an idea of what you have, we can probably help with a solution.

Offline MoAl

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 05:44:23 PM »
Ops .. Sorry, I should have included more information on there :/.
Heads up, I'm not very familiar with this system so bear with me :).

System is Mitel_5000_6_0_SP_3_PR_2.
The call flow is that when someone call the main line, they get an automated welcome message that ask for the extension of the party that they trying to reach. If no extension was dialed in, then the welcome message will give the options of dialing 1 for sales, 2 for TS and 3 for customer service.

Thanks for the help in advance !

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 07:00:51 AM »
MoAI,

Well with the information you provided I would assume that the call is being directed to either a UCD or ACD Hunt Group and you will want to Divert the call prior to that point to play a message and then possibly take a message via a mailbox.

So, I would create a phantom extension and label it ~Support Router. From that point you need to figure out how you want to control that phantom.

1. Via a webpage
2. via a button on a phone.

Depending on how competent you think your users are will determine which route you take from there.

The end result is that the phantom will route the call to a Call Routing Announcement that plays a message and then either hangs up or go to a mailbox OR goes directly to the Hunt Group for users to take calls.

Another option that I rarely use is the announcement and overflow recordings and have the support team change the recording based on what is required. Regardless users can stay in the Hunt Group and wait for them to return or they can hang up or leave a message if you provide that option during the recording.

Thanks,

TE

Offline magnus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 11:03:50 AM »
I would consider if you are using the Night mode for anything.
Then set the second CRA in your call path to go to another CRA when you press that button(ie Sales).
Sales CRA should be set with no message for Day mode and the message in Night to tell people they are away. Then timeout to the hunt group.

This is assuming you are not using night mode when you leave for the day.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10