Author Topic: Dialing out = Dials something else ?  (Read 699 times)

Offline StuartUK

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Dialing out = Dials something else ?
« on: March 21, 2018, 02:38:18 PM »
Hi all, hard one to explain!   (I have raised a fault call with my tele supplier, but they are slow to respond :(   )

We have Mitel 250 controller + 5320 handsets...  (SIP , with SonicWall NSA2400 inbetween SIP provider and mitel controller)
All has been working OK since installation (April 2016)
Today, something odd happening..

We have speed dials setup to our mobile numbers....
When you press the Directory button, select '2' for Outside calls, and then pick the name from the list, in most cases, it dials out to the mobile number and the person answers, all good...
But a few occasions, you dial person F from say, ext 210, and rather than the mobile number ringing, I hear a Spanish auto answer voice, and then a translation saying "the number your calling is unavailable, please try again later".....
So I try the same again, and I get same response....
I then try from a different extension, say 215, and dial person F, and I get through to that person OK.......

Have asked my users to keep me in the loop, but it appears that some of the mobile numbers we have in our speed dial list (or even just dialing the number from the keypad), it appears on some handsets (extensions), whether I dial Person F, person G, person S, person W, from different extensions, we either get through to our guys, or we get this Spanish message followed by an English translation after......

Possibilities ?
Problem with the SIP Provider not able to route calls ?
We have been hacked ?
We got a strange bug in the system, and a reboot should fix it ?
We need our tele supplier to provide some support instead of ignoring my emails ?

When you dial a number, and say it goes to this Spanish auto answer, the number I am dialing is showing on the handset....  is it possible to see via the software (Mivoice 250 admin) that the outgoing call from that phone is actually dialing the number I can see on the handset ?

Offline Magpye

• View Profile
Re: Dialing out = Dials something else ?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 06:24:06 AM »
Hi Stuart,

This could be an ARS or Digit Modifacation issue of some sort.

What are the extension numbers of the extensions that work and the ones that don't?
Do the Outgoing extensions differ under the associated extensions on the working/non-working phones?
If you follow the routing through what digit modifications are in place for 07+ or 0+ calls?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Dialing out = Dials something else ?
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 07:06:06 AM »
StuartUK,

Depending on the software version of your system you may or may not have a Reporting tab inside your System Administration and Diagnostics. If you do then you can do a PSTN report and see what numbers were dialed and by what extension.

You could also do 'live' testing by going to the Call Activity tab and see the active call or use the SMDR on the same page after the call has been completed.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10