Author Topic: Crestron Mercury SIP Phone  (Read 2364 times)

Offline pakman

• View Profile
Crestron Mercury SIP Phone
« on: March 14, 2018, 02:23:34 PM »
Hello,

I've got a Crestron SIP phone and I'm experiencing some intermittent issues. The phone will be grayed out and once rebooted works fine. After checking the logs I found the following.

Hot Desk : 1598 unlocked by DISA TIMER timeout

Temporary Lockout of SIP Registration for sip:1598@10.x.x.x/sip:1598@10.x.x.x due to 3 '403 Authentication Failures'.Connection was attempted by SrcIP[10.x.x.x:5060] ViaIP[10.73.96.244:5060] ContactIP[10.x.x.x:5060].Since the last lockout log there have been 0 other lockout authentication failures.You may have someone trying to hack into your system.  Check firewall and change passwords.

Hot Desk : 1598 locked out by SYSTEM

I did go through the Crestron mitel SIP guide and found that a username should be programmed which it was not. Maybe this will resolve it but what is a DISA timer as I couldn't find anything related to this? I did change the SIP Device Capabilities to match what Crestron suggests.

thanks for any help

Offline rotary dial tommy

• View Profile
Re: Crestron Mercury SIP Phone
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 04:19:33 PM »
disa = Direct Inward System Access . Meaning one of your system numbers dialed from the outside gives the caller your system dial tone to use it as they see fit , such as call Africa and so on .

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Crestron Mercury SIP Phone
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 05:58:12 PM »
The DISA lock out timer is what the system follows to lock out a SIP end point after too many failed authentication attempts. Make sure the password matches on the device and in the MiVB/3300. I've run into a couple of Crestron devices recently that authenticate with the "PIN" field in the User and Device Configuration screen on the 3300 rather than the "SIP Password" field, which is what you would expect would be the correct field.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10