Author Topic: CP 5000 attendant phone (8560) used to display length of time on hold  (Read 925 times)

Offline MStepan

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Can someone help me find the setting for something that apparently "stopped" about 6 months ago or so? Our receptionist uses an 8560 phone and USED to see on her display how long the caller was on hold when it rings back to her, but sometime in the last few months, that disappeared. I can't locate anything that's helpful or even looks close, but have a hunch it IS out there somewhere.

And along those lines, are the rest of you struggling with Mitel (CP 5000) documentation like I am? Maybe I'm missing it (I hope so actually!), but no offense, I should be able to find answers to technical phone and/or admin questions without asking you ...

Thanks in advance. Sorry for the rant, but if someone has found a site or manual or something that's actually helpful, please let me know.

Mark

Offline jmarcwsp1

• View Profile
Re: CP 5000 attendant phone (8560) used to display length of time on hold
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 11:56:23 AM »
The CP5000 was discontinued in 2010 and replaced by the HX.

Offline MStepan

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 11:58:39 AM »
Didn't know that. The question remains (since we still have this configuration and our vendor is still supporting it).

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2018, 01:13:07 PM »
MStepan,

Sorry to hear you are having problems, but information like that isn't really documented anywhere that I am aware of. For the most part though pressing F1 within the database programming software will bring up a very helpful guide for those just learning the equipment.

As for your problem you are telling us what you are not seeing, but telling us what you are seeing would be helpful in pointing you in the right direction.

Does this happen on all phones or just the receptionists phone?

Have you tried dialing 394 to default the phones flags?

Thanks,

TE

Offline MStepan

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2018, 01:39:21 PM »
Thanks TE, but I'll respectfully SLIGHTLY disagree with you on the helpfulness of the help ... In lots of cases (not all of course; there ARE times I've found answers), the description in the help is not another level of explanation ...

OK, back to the matter at hand. I have NOT reset the phone flags, but that was the FIRST place I looked. Here's what her flags look like (attachment). What she's telling me is that when a call comes in and she transfers it to an extension (and nobody answers), when it 'rings back' to her, it used to show the length of time it was on hold (another attachment). There's another slight variation where instead of TRANSFERRING, if she puts a call ON HOLD on the target extension, when THAT rings back, it looks slightly different, but also used to show how long. She said the duration used to show in place of one of the top 2 lines of the pictures in the attachments (she couldn't recall if the NAME or NUMBER was replaced with the duration).

Does that help???

If I reset the flags, do I run the risk of messing something ELSE up? (I'd prefer to avoid that if possible: Rifle vs shotgun approach.)

Note that the "Transient Hold Timer" and "Alternate Transient Display Timer" are the ones I was reading on, but the help wasn't helping me as much as I'd hoped ...

Thanks!!!

Frontline

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2018, 03:51:26 PM »
Check the system flag for "Display Caller ID Name and Number". The flag can be found in programming under System->Flags. If the customer wants to see the call timer displayed then they will need to disable this flag.

Offline MStepan

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2018, 04:27:09 PM »
Frontline, you rock! Thank you very much! That worked perfectly.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10