Author Topic: How to connect a Gigaset N300 base station and A540h gigaset mobile to mitel sys  (Read 3149 times)

Offline scottH

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Hi got one of these system arrive on my desk to setup for use in one of our school depts, but i have no idea of how t oadd it to our mitel system? anyone used one or something similar and has anyone got any setup solutions?

Thanks.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Simply plug it in to an analouge port for the main line; register the gigaset to the N300 and off you go.

You could register the 3 VoIP lines to the N300 I think as extensions but I don't think you will get them working for line use. I may be wrong. Even then you would only have 1 line to play with.

Offline scottH

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Thanks x-man, Daft question but we are voip and dont have any analog lines, our phone are all cat 5 connectors, the n300 does have cat 5 port as thats how im accessing the url page. We use Mitel phones5304 and 5312 models and an mm330 x controller. Im stuck at what details to put into the n300?

Cheers for the reply.

Offline Magpye

• View Profile
Hi Scott H,

On the 250:
Create a SIP extension under devices & feature codes/phones.
Under the created phone double click on the 'SIP Phone Group' this should be something along the lines of Px00x
Click Configuration and set 'Supports display updates and Supports Ad-Hoc Conferencing to yes.
Click on Authentication, Set 'Enable In-Bound Authentication to yes, Set Username to the Extension Number, Set the Password.
Leave Outbound fields blank/set to no.

Now on the N300:
You will need to pair the handset to the base station.
To do this navigate through the phone menu to setting/handset/register-handset.
Enter the PIN: {Default 0000}
Once it starts to scan press and hold (3secs) the square button on the base station and INT1 should be displayed.
Now you can set the IP address of the basestation from the handset.
Push right on the shiny square /settings/base/local network.

Go to Telephony/Connections and check the active box for line IP1 and then click edit.
Now change the connection name to the extension number. The authentication name, username and display name all also need to be the extension number.
Set the password to match what was set on the 250.

Click on show advanced settings.
The domain and proxy server need to be set to the IP address of the 250. The ports need to be 5060 for SIP.
Outbound Proxy should be set to Always.
Save.

Now go to number assignments and enter the name as the extension and ensure that the corresponding extension number is selected for inbound and outbound calls and that the handset is selected.

Click Set.
The phone is now active.

Optional:
Go to settings/telephony/advanced voip
Enable both ‘Use the R key to transfer’ and ‘Transfer by On-Hook’
Also ensure that Hold on transfer target is unticked for both attended and unattended transfer.

Let me know how you get on.

Offline scottH

• Contributer
    • View Profile
WOW thanks magpie, thats a great help, im in a meeting at present (having a break  /cuppa) when you say on 250 im guessing you mean the mitel controller right?
Attached is a screen shot of our controllers options, i can add more screen shots if you need to look further.

Thanks again.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 08:50:47 AM by scottH »

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Sorry meant the analog extension ports on the 3300 (if that is what you have?) simply set to an extension and it will use the post for out going calls. as would a phone (set to 9 to dial out). I suppose you could set the voip part of the N300 as sip extensions but I am not really conversant with how the N300 works with voip? I assume that they connect as per a voip line so that should be possible (although you will need to burn extension licences for that; one for each) and just dial 9 as normal for an outside line. Its a while since I set anything up like this but we had another system working wireless like this for multiple DECT phones using sip. But it depends on the N300 being capable of being registered on the 3300.

Offline scottH

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Thanks, what im trying to do is use the N300 and the A540h as a ring group with the mitel system, basically in our schools kitchen they cant hear the phone so we looked at this so they can carry the mobile around?  I know we could buy mitel phone but the cost and implementation was way out of our budget lol thats school for you.

Offline scottH

• Contributer
    • View Profile
I dont know hat ive done but its working, Wow thank you.

Offline Magpye

• View Profile
WOW thanks magpie, thats a great help, im in a meeting at present (having a break  /cuppa) when you say on 250 im guessing you mean the mitel controller right?

Thanks again.

Yeah, Not ure why I thought it was a 250 you were referring to!
The set up for a Mitel 3300 is here:
Create a New SIP Device Capability un System Properties / Feature Settings / SIP device capabilities.
Enable the following:
             Replace System based with Device based In-Call Features,
             Prevent the Use of IP Address 0.0.0.0 in SDP Messages,
             Suppress Use of SDP Inactive Media Streams
             Allow Display Update
             Use P-Asserted Identity Header

Create a SIP extension under Users & Devices / User and Service Configuration.
Under Service Profile set the device type to 'Generic SIP' & Service Level to 'Full'
Under Service Detail set desired COS, COR & Zone. Set the Sip Device Capabilities previously created.
Under Access and Authentication set the SIP Password - This is the password to configure on the N300.
Under Keys Create a Mulitcall key with the BDN of the extension number on Key 2 set to ring (This allows transfer/conferencing)
Save.

Offline Magpye

• View Profile
I dont know hat ive done but its working, Wow thank you.

Glad to hear it  ;D

If you get any problems let us know

Offline scottH

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Thanks again, just now trying to get ring group to work so if i dial the main kitchen phone the a540 will ring (it rings dialling its own number) but i cant get them both to ring at same time?

Offline Magpye

• View Profile
Under group programming try creating a personal ring group with the extension of the kitchen phone as the ring group, adding both the kitchen phone and the new phone

Offline scottH

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Thats got it, i had setup a ring group not a personal group.

Thanks for all your help.

Offline scottH

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Spoke to soon  :( Its ringing but internal calls you cannot talk back to caller yet external calls it works fine, is their a tick box or something i have missed?

Offline scottH

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Anyone any ideas?

Thanks.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10