Author Topic: RFP 12 DECT phone can't receive calls  (Read 1615 times)

Offline GCD

• Contributer
    • View Profile
RFP 12 DECT phone can't receive calls
« on: March 07, 2018, 08:40:52 PM »
I'm setting up an RFP 12 DECT phone to a Mitel 5000. This phone will be running over the internet. I was able to get it to register by setting Disable Domain Validation to Yes and it now works perfectly for outgoing. When you try to call that extension though you get an error that the phone is busy or it rings on the caller's side but not on the DECT phone. The SIP log on the RFP 12 shows no entries when an incoming call is attempted so the calls don't seem to be hitting it at all.

In the SIP Phone Group I tried setting the IP Address to the WAN IP where the RFP 12 resides. I also tried forwarding port 5060 to at the  RFP 12 end to the base station. Nothing has worked.

What little detail must I be missing?

Thanks!

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: RFP 12 DECT phone can't receive calls
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 03:52:11 AM »
It's probably Firewall at the DECT end.

I have exactly the same issue at the minute with a site.

They have their 250 in our Data Centre and have a number of 53xx series phones and 4 Yealink SIP DECTS on site, worked perfectly when they had a Draytek as their Firewall. IT 'upgraded' them to a Watchguard Firebox.

The 53xx still work absolutely fine but the Yealink SIP DECTs show nearly exactly the same issue you have, outgoing from the DECT works fine but incoming only works about 10% of the time, they are using the mobile twinning instead at the minute to the DECTS whilst their IT try and fix the issue!

Offline Vicbob

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 09:12:30 AM »
How do you transfer a call to voice mail? with this phone

Thanks

Vicbob

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 11:20:22 AM »
GCD, in the config of the RFP 12, under Network Settings / NAT Settings.

Enable STUN and use your favoured STUN Server, we use stun.ekiga.net which seems to work all of the time.

On the Yealinks we enable RPORT as well, probably not needed for this as outgoing calls work.

Offline GCD

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2019, 01:21:00 PM »
I'm sorry for the very, very long delay in replying. I somehow never saw that there were replies here to look at.

This is issue is still not resolved. I am using a STUN server and I believe that RPORT had to be enabled as well to get it to work at all. The router at the DECT end is a Verizon branded Actiontec but this not the intended permanent install location. I don't know of anything in the router that would be blocking it although I can try this on another network and see what happens. Any other thoughts? Any specifics on what router settings could be blocking this?

Thanks!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10