Author Topic: Incoming caller ID number matching to name  (Read 4732 times)

Offline ryang

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Incoming caller ID number matching to name
« on: March 05, 2018, 11:25:59 PM »
Hi guys,

Just wondering if anybody knows of a way to get a Mitel system (MiVB and MiCollab) to somehow match an incoming caller ID number and display a corresponding name for the caller on the sets or MiCollab client?

This is for incoming calls via a SIP trunk.

I've tried adding a contact to the phone with the caller number, but it doesn't display the name on the screen when that number calls.

Thanks.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Incoming caller ID number matching to name
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 01:28:06 AM »
You can do it on the sets with alpha tagging.
Pretty sure it should work for SIP Trunks.

Search the help files for more info.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 01:35:43 AM »
Telephone Directory form on the controller.

Offline pmhaynes

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 11:33:15 AM »
It used to be that you put in a speed call 9~01xxxxxxx
That would alpha tag on isdn, not tried on SIP but dont' see why not

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 11:53:22 AM »
IIRC, there were a few threads like this before, and the end result of all those threads was that SIP trunks in the 3300 do not support Alpha Tagging.

Offline Magpye

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 06:31:51 AM »
By entering a number in the telephone directory in the format 9~0xxxxxxxxxxx it will show the users name on the handset.
This works on SIP for me.

Offline bioreit

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2018, 12:36:16 PM »
Hi guys,

Just wondering if anybody knows of a way to get a Mitel system (MiVB and MiCollab) to somehow match an incoming caller ID number and display a corresponding name for the caller on the sets or MiCollab client?

This is for incoming calls via a SIP trunk.

I've tried adding a contact to the phone with the caller number, but it doesn't display the name on the screen when that number calls.

Thanks.

Was going to ask a similar question - we have 6930IP handsets and a 3300 system we're about to roll-out and have found that adding an external contact into Personal Contacts is really only useful for our users when they want to make an outbound call to that number; for inbound calls from a Personal Contact, it just shows the number twice, instead of the number and the saved name. You can't add Alpha Tagging to the Personal Contact entries as you can't get the ~ character via the handset, and in Micollab it doesn't seem to integrate fully with the phone, as Personal Contacts saved on the phone don't appear in MiCollab (nor vice versa). And even if it did, you can't Alpha Tag in MiCollab because adding a ~ causes the 'OK' box out to grey out so you can't click it.

Seems like the only way to get this working is get our several thousand users to tell us every time they add/delete/change a Personal Contact, so we can add it into the Telephone Directory form with the necessary Alpha Tagging. I'm sure the support requests will calm down once everyone is sorted, but the first few weeks of this are going to be hell, particularly as our previous system used a kind of local inbound caller ID for any personally saved contacts - so our users are not going to be very happy with a backwards-step!

Oh well, we'll just add it to the list of feature requests we're sending to Mitel! :-)

Offline ryang

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2018, 09:51:03 PM »
Thanks for the replies - I've been working with Mitel support on this and the 0~xxxxx format (with 0 being the leading digit to dial out) seems to be correct for SIP as well.

We're having another problem now where the format of our incoming caller IDs is different to the way they are dialled (country code is included on the incoming CID) meaning they can't be alpha tagged properly. Have spent a couple of hours with support trying to get Inward Dialling Modification working to fix this so the fun continues.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10