Author Topic: ACD - Second call rings to agent, while first is on hold  (Read 2493 times)

Offline SteAnnesIT

• View Profile
ACD - Second call rings to agent, while first is on hold
« on: March 02, 2018, 10:37:34 AM »
All of the agents in our smaller call center are yelling at me because they say that while they have taken a call from the ACD Hunt-Group normally on Call Key 1 and then for whatever reason needed to place that call on hold, waiting calls in the ACD will then start ringing their phone on Call Key 2. What flag am I missing that would turn off this functionality, and not direct anymore calls to an agent until after they have finished their first ACD call, and the wrap-up timer has expired?

Note: I have found that if you place the first call on hold, and then activate DND it stops this but I would like if possible to not have to use the DND for this purpose if there is a way to disable these secondary calls from being directed to the agent's phones while the first call is holding.

Thank you, 

Mitel 5000 (MiVoice Office 250?)  Version 6 SP3.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: ACD - Second call rings to agent, while first is on hold
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 11:34:40 AM »
Enable the system flag: Wrap Up Mode For Holding ACD Calls.

Offline SteAnnesIT

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 01:06:52 PM »
Enable the system flag: Wrap Up Mode For Holding ACD Calls.

Hi DND, thank you for your help.  Unfortunately when I checked the System Flag, this option was already set to 'Yes'. (See Attachment)

Is there something that would be overriding this flag?

Thank you,

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 01:16:32 PM »
Specifically, how do calls ring in? Direct ring-in from the trunk group, via a Call Routing Announcement, etc.

Offline SteAnnesIT

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 02:36:33 PM »
I'm not sure I have the full terminology to explain this as a Mitel trained technician would be able to..

We have a PRI connected to the PBX and have multiple different numbers for that PRI. The PBX recognizes one specific number for the ACD (which is our incoming 1-800 number). When that number is an incoming call it directs it to an initial announcement that plays, then immediately is pushed to the ACD programming/announcements. There the call waits for an available agent.

I tested this issue with my own phone, I logged into the ACD. Called in on my cellphone, took the call from my cellphone with my ACD logged in. Then I placed the call on hold by pressing the hold button and hung up my handset. (I was using a 5320, but Agents have 8568s)

Two things happen while an ACD call (that has been answered by an agent) is placed that on hold.  First there is a periodic display and a short ring on the phone showing how many callers are waiting in the ACD.  Secondly if your phone is selected by the 'longest idle' logic in the ACD/Hunt-Group configuration, your phone will start ringing on Call Key 2, display the Caller ID of the incoming call. So this isn't just that (I think it's called?) Camp-On Notifications showing that they're seeing. I did test this and had an ACD call directed to my Extn/ACD login while the first call I accepted from the ACD was holding (me on my cellphone).

Does that answer your question?

Thank you,

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2018, 02:49:04 PM »
Excellent description. Let's start by turning off Hunt Group Camp-On Audio Indications for the agents. That will stop the ring burst when the number of calls in queue is displayed. You can go to System / Phone Related Information / Flags to batch change the flag for a bunch of stations at the same time.

Let me ponder the Call 2 situation.

Offline SteAnnesIT

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2018, 02:58:30 PM »
Let's start by turning off Hunt Group Camp-On Audio Indications for the agents.

Heh, this is already removed from the Agent's extensions. It appears that it just wasn't removed from extensions who are not part of the call-center staff, which I fall under.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2018, 03:04:00 PM »
Fair enough.

The Call 2 thing isn't making any sense to me. Here's something to try:
 - Have everyone log out all ACDs.
 - Toggle the Wrap Up Mode For Holding ACD Calls flag
 - Have everyone log back in to their ACDs

Offline SteAnnesIT

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2018, 03:09:14 PM »
It's hard to do this while the call center is open, I can/will remote in during after-hours and toggle it and then can report back next week?

Offline SteAnnesIT

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2018, 03:22:12 PM »
I'd also like to add, that I missed a step in the explanation of our ACD configuration.  It goes through a STAR (day/night schedule) to direct it to either the ACD, or the after hours auto-attendant.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2018, 03:32:49 PM »
The STAR routing isn't important in this case. Sometimes phones act wonky if the CO trunk group rings directly to a phone or hunt group. That's not happening here.

Go ahead and try the other thing when convenient. It's a shot in the dark, but sometimes toggling flags solves problems and so does a log in/out on ACDs. I would think that toggling the flag makes the most sense while no one is logged in.

Offline Jack

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2019, 06:17:57 PM »
For the next person searching this... The "Wrap-Up Mode For Holding ACD Calls" system flag mentions that it will prevent ACD calls from coming in while an ACD call is on hold.  If a non-ACD call is on hold, the ACD calls will still come in as far as I can tell.  Had an ACD Agent complain of ACD calls coming through while a call was on hold, and this was the case.  He had placed an outbound call, placed the call on hold and the ACD call rang through to his phone. 

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2019, 09:36:58 PM »
Correct, and non-ACD inbound calls will still be presented as well.

I had forgotten about this thread - wonder what the outcome was.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10