Author Topic: Mitel Border Gateway MBG  (Read 6070 times)

Offline Bobbley

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Mitel Border Gateway MBG
« on: March 01, 2018, 12:52:29 PM »
Hi all,

Any advice on configuring homeworkers on MBG's ?

Is there a user guide handy ? I looked but could not see... may have man-scanned...

I've set up a 5320 as an IP device only so I can HOTDESK on to it when I'm WFH and HOTDESK on to my office phone when working in the office - is that good practice ? I take it you can't have the same number co-located in 2 places ?

The 5320 works at home but gets stuck on the HTML App Upgrade screen so isn't very functional, although I do get dial tone (can't use any keys inc HOTDESK when that screen is stuck on)

On the 5320, I've pointed the Teleworker and all the config to the MBG as this has an internet routable address 195.xx.xx.xx - is that right ?

I took the handset in to the office to upgrade the firmware - this should be possible from home though, right ?

Thanks all - this is a great forum !
Rob.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Mitel Border Gateway MBG
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 02:28:02 PM »
Your questions are a little confusing... Your MBG should have a direct public IP or a DMZ IP, and on the remote end there is nothing different to do but hold down the 7 when you boot up the phone and put in the IP address of the MBG (assuming the phone can get basic DHCP from the local network).

If the phone doesn't work, it's something in your local network firewall (uncommon) or in the DMZ routing of the MBG (very common).

What happens if you run the Teleworker Network Analyzer from a PC on the remote network the phone is connected to?

As far as the Hot Desking thing goes, that works fine... there are lots of ways to go about this depending on how you are licensed but the Hot Desk way is pretty common.

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 07:53:19 AM »
I've set up a 5320 as an IP device only so I can HOTDESK on to it when I'm WFH and HOTDESK on to my office phone when working in the office - is that good practice ? I take it you can't have the same number co-located in 2 places ?

You can't have the same number twice but you can achieve something similar with multiple-device user groups or personal ring groups. However, this would be an over-complication and a waste of licenses for the scenario you describe. Hotdesking is the way to go here.

Offline Bobbley

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 01:46:23 PM »
It looks like The Mitel box is rejecting the registration from the MBG:

(I've registered the MAC address on the MBG and set the 5320 up as a teleworker using the 7 key with the MBG address)

On the Mitel:
Unusual SIP Registration Activities, 217840 '404 Not Found' responses.Registration to sip:6134@10.xx.xxx.xx:5060/sip:6134@10.xx.xxx.xx:5060 was just attempted by SrcIP[10.xx.xxx.xx:5060] ViaIP[10.xx.xxx.xx:5060] ContactIP[10.xx.xxx.xx:5060]. Since the last log there have been 1 other log requests for 'not found' failures. If this is not an address you recognize please change your firewall to block this address

On the Phone:
L2 DL error (after TFTP: main has downloaded to 1466)

On the MBG:

Set Connection - Rejected
Acceptor:Plaintext-UDP, ID:99bc87173eb6277d21ac0b2035533a104623, Ip:yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy:5072, Icp:zzz.zzz.zzz.zzz, active-connections:1, LocalIp:yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy, Type:SIP, Reason: rejected by ICP (code 404), persistent:0

Does anyone know How / Where I tell the Mitel that the registration is to be expected & valid ?

Kind Regs,
Rob.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 02:25:03 PM »
Those SIP messages are not the issue, or a symptom of it... the 5320 is not a SIP device, but it is a MiNET device.

Downloads fail for a number of issues, usually network connectivity but sometimes due to MTU size issues.

Offline Bobbley

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2018, 03:54:32 PM »
OK, that got me thinking, I stripped everything out, rebooted what I could, got a new phone - and it worked !

I'm thinking the handset was faulty, maybe should have tried a different one 2 days ago  :-[

ON the flip side, I now know my way round an MBG  ;D

Thanks all for your thoughts and advice.

Offline pmhaynes

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2018, 11:37:43 AM »
Phone could be in SIP mode instead of Minet mode.
I not sure if all models do it but i know some do.

If you find out it is in sip mode then re-post so we can help you put it in minet mode

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2018, 11:52:06 AM »
Phone could be in SIP mode instead of Minet mode.
I not sure if all models do it but i know some do.

If you find out it is in sip mode then re-post so we can help you put it in minet mode
Although this is possible, those entries appear to be failed registrations likely by hackers trying to get free calls. We see that a lot... they are blocked (404 not found) and invalid, but often bots will try for hours or even days before giving up.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10