Author Topic: System saves  (Read 836 times)

Offline bakaatz

• View Profile
System saves
« on: March 01, 2018, 09:53:53 AM »
This post is to seek some info on what is your common practice in regard to system saves. 

For years our techs would do a database save to the laptop and do voicemail saves of the audiotex and MBs to the U: and then push that info to our company server for access by any of our techs.  I forget what version of software first gave the option of doing a complete save to the PC, which became our default save method. 

Well, long story short, we discovered the hard way this week after we had a flash failure at a customer site that the complete save to the PC is a complete save of the database, but no recordings.  We did manage to recover most of the audio...but it was a slow and painful process we hope never to repeat.  (Experience can be a hard teacher!)

So, what is your process for saves?  Thanks in advance for your wisdom.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: System saves
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 11:22:12 AM »
bakaatz,

We just save the Audiotex and Mailbox Information Name/Greeting and Data for the Voice Processor. This way all of your prompts are saved as well as the basic setup of the mailboxes; we don't care about saved or new messages being saved as they will most likely be out of date if/when you need to reload them. I also perform a Full Backup to the PC as that keeps the system database and the MoH file for those sites that do not use our default.

Thanks,

TE

Offline BlackSunshine

• View Profile
Re: System saves
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 12:36:00 PM »
Typically i do a complete back up of everything before you do a software upgrade or before I unplug system for an extended period

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10