Author Topic: Forward a user to a cell phone  (Read 888 times)

Offline magnus

• View Profile
Forward a user to a cell phone
« on: February 28, 2018, 02:20:03 PM »
2 questions

I have a user that is wanting to work from home. They took a phone (5320) with them and found a laptop universal adapter to make it power on. There PC is connected after it and is online. The phone is not getting an IP address, I had them connect the phone and make sure the teleworker was set to the WAN IP. It is not coming online. There are other phones used remotely around the world.

Is there something obvious that I am probably missing?

Question 2
The work around for the phone not coming on was to forward  there phone to a cell phone.
If I call into the main queue and put in there extension it hangs up on me. If I call the phone internally then the forward goes to the cell properly. So we are just having customers ask to be transferred.
Is there a better way to forward to an external number?
Is there a way to add an external number to MICC?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Forward a user to a cell phone
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 05:03:45 PM »
To connect a remote phone to the 3300 system remotely requires either a site to site VPN or a Mitel Border Gateway to be installed, do you have either of these? If so, you must also put the phone in Teleworker mode and point it to the correct IP address of the controller (VPN) or the MBG's public IP address (Mitel Border Gateway).

To forward group calls to a cell phone or other outside number, you must use EHDU (External Hot Desking or Twinning).

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 05:15:15 PM »
Using a bit of 2+2, I figure what he's saying is, they have a MiCC, callers end up in the callflow where they enter digits to be transferred to an extension. The remote user is not a MiCC agent. They want calls to go to a remote user.

If you have MiCC, surely you have MiCollab? Use that. And use a softphone, don't send them home with hard phones. Nobody has hard phones at home anymore.

If you don't have MiCollab, use an MDUG on the controller.

If none of that's an option, then you'll probably have to fix a CoS option on the user or trunks that is forbidding trunk-to-trunk call routing.

Offline magnus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 11:26:16 AM »
The remote user is using a 5320 and is an MiCC agent, but the phone is not connecting.
It is configured like the other phones in the MBG.
I am going to do some more testing to see if I can see what is going wrong.

They do not have a MICollab that I am aware of, there is no purchased licenses for MDUG.

I checked the COS and set the Call Forward and Trunks as in the pictures below. Are these correct?

The call is still getting dropped on transfer.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10