Author Topic: Call forwarding to attendant after couple rings  (Read 876 times)

Offline jcatucci812

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Call forwarding to attendant after couple rings
« on: February 27, 2018, 03:41:34 PM »
I've been trying to fix this for a while now and I'm basically at a standstill. If you call this certain phone extension and no one picks up after a couple rings, it forwards to the attendant. We do not want that for this extension. We just want the phone to continuously ring if no one answers. Trying to be somewhat logical, I identify two existing phone extensions that will continue to ring if no one picks up. I figured if I just compare and contrast the phone's settings to the two I want it to behave like, I would see what the difference is. I assumed it had something to do with Forwarding Paths.

Well, I feel like I've checked just about every setting there is, and I CANNOT find the difference. I'm looking under System > Devices and Feature Codes > Phones > Local, and looking at the specific extension's properties. I'm about to just copy the configuration of one of the working extensions to the one I'm trying to change and be done with it. But now it's bugged me so much that I'm genuinely curious what I'm missing.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Call forwarding to attendant after couple rings
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 08:49:18 AM »
jcatucci812,

Well it isn't always forwarding timers that move calls around. There is also the recall timer that will send the call back to the last transferring station. There is also the Attendant Recall timer that will send it back to the Attendant.

I would set the phones Attendant to None and see if that fixes your problem.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10