Author Topic: Mitel 5000 Voicemail Email Synchronization Issue  (Read 3208 times)

Offline bnob

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Mitel 5000 Voicemail Email Synchronization Issue
« on: February 26, 2018, 11:09:22 PM »
We have a 5000 HX controller and we have been having issues lately with our system. Processor usage will go to 100% and it won't come down. It shows user as being the one using most of the processor. When this happens, voicemail email synchronization stops working. We have an on-prem Exchange server that almost all of our users are using currently. We are in the process of migrating to Office 365 and we currently have 4 or 5 mailboxes moved to Office 365 so we are in a hybrid mode currently in regards to Exchange. The email synchronization has been working with the Office 365 mailboxes but I'm wondering if this could be causing our processor issues? What can I look for in the logs that would show me what is causing this? We worked with our vendor and Mitel a couple weeks back due to similar issues and I thought the issue had been resolved but issues have since returned. Any advice would be appreciated.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 5000 Voicemail Email Synchronization Issue
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 08:21:46 AM »
bnob,

What do the logs say? Also are all of the VM boxes setup to use .MP3 or .WAV? If they are setup for .MP3 and you don't have a PS-1 then that is most likely your issue as the base system doesn't have enough processing power to do that many conversions.

Thanks,

TE

Offline bnob

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 09:35:22 AM »
Which log should I be looking at? I connected to system via SSH and ran top command and it was all root user with avdap process showing for each connection. We are using .wav file not .mp3. We've had voicemail synch like this setup for years without issue. The only changes recently have been new public IP on the system and the few users who are now using Office 365 email instead of on prem so for those users settings we put the office 365 smtp server instead of on-prem so I would imagine the issue is related to one of these two new factors but I'm not sure how to determine for sure which one is the problem.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 02:29:07 PM »
bnob,

What ports are you allowing from the public Internet to the Public IP address associated with the phone system? This could just be a DoS attack on the system or someone is trying to hack into it on port 22 or 443 or 5060; which could be causing the problem.

Thanks,

TE

Offline bnob

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 04:09:13 PM »
Sorry for the slow response. We have a couple of Mitel systems. One of them is not accessible from the internet. The other, I'm not sure which ports are open currently. We restarted the systems last week and this afternoon we started having issues again with both phone systems processors going back to 100% and user showing almost all of that usage. Voicemail to email via enhanced integration has stopped working again. One of our vendors has been speaking with Mitel and they keep making adjustments but nothing has solved the issue yet. I'm so tired of dealing with this. Think you may have issue resolved then a week later we are back to square one. Don't understand why Mitel can't figure out what is happening in the logs. Is this Office 365 related or what? Strange that we are having the same issue on two separate systems that aren't tied to each other in any way.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2018, 07:04:36 AM »
bnob,

What version of software are the two systems on?

Thanks,

TE

Offline bnob

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2018, 12:55:01 PM »
One is 6.2.5.83 and the other is running 6.2.3.53. I've turned off enhanced integration voicemail for Office 365 users on one system and left the other system the way it has been. It has been a week and the system that still has Office 365 users just started to have processor issues again. The other system where I turned things off has so far remained stable.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2018, 01:22:12 PM »
bnob,

I hate to say this, but with Office 365 the enhanced integration is going away. Try changing everyone to Forward and Copy and see if that fixes your problem.

Thanks,

TE

Offline jbbts

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2018, 01:42:50 PM »
Curious about the O365 integration going away.  Haven't heard anything about this, and was wondering if they released a tech bulletin about this.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2018, 07:18:05 AM »
jbbts,

Um, I thought everyone has heard about this by now. Here go to this site and see your options.

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/exchange/2017/07/18/discontinuation-of-support-for-session-border-controllers-in-exchange-online-unified-messaging/

As the MiVO-250 doesn't use APIs to communicate with O365 then this would be an issue for Enhanced Integration, but not for Forward and Copy.

Thanks,

TE

Offline jbbts

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2018, 08:32:01 AM »
Thank you for the link.  We are a voice house only, so I hadn't heard this, but clients will be effected.   

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10