Author Topic: Wiping 5448 Button (Or where to see the programming in the Mitel DB)  (Read 2651 times)

Offline kaericarroll

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Our reception desk uses a 5340 phone with the 5448 sidecar.  The 5448 has 48 programmable keys.  The key programming was well out of date so tonight I stayed late and got it all up to snuff again - except that on two of the keys, instead of programming an extension or a speed dial, I somehow ... actually, I don't even know what I did.

For one of the buttons, I was trying to assign it a station speed dial.  The CORRECT process is Feature Code Button > 397 > Press button to program > 382 > Select the correct station speed dial.

I *think* what I did is Feature Code Button > 397 > Press button to program > 383 > Create station speed dial and somehow assign it to this key. Because of that, I've now associated the extension and the feature code. (?)

Really, all I want to do is program an extension to the button - but it won't let me use the normal methods - and because it's the reception desk I can't figure out how to get to it through the DB programming either.

Anybody have any ideas?

THANKS!

Offline kaericarroll

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Wiping 5448 Button (Or where to see the programming in the Mitel DB)
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 07:26:27 AM »
 alternatively, if anybody knows just how to factory reset the 5448 I'm happy to reprogram the buttons!

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 08:28:31 AM »
kaericarroll,

All DSS's are programmed under Phone-Related Information > Key Assignments > DSS/PKM [depending on software version it may not have PKM but BLF].

Using 397 is the programming feature code and pressing the button selects which key to program and to clear the key just use the Red Hold Button to move to the left as many times as it takes. Using 396 will allow you to see what is programmed on the key currently.

382 - Station Speed Dial [Bin 0-9]
383 - Station Speed Dial Programming [Bin 0-9]

There isn't a code to specifically factory reset the DSS keys, but there is feature code 395 which will default all of the phones keys to what is programmed under the Programmable Keys for that phones keymap. By default there are programmed keys under there which I typically delete so that 395 clears all programmable keys to nothing.

Hopefully that clears a few things up for you.

Thanks,

TE

Offline kaericarroll

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 07:44:57 PM »
Hey TE - You are an officer and a gentleman.  I'd clicked 397 > Selected the button > then typed 383 instead of 382... changing the key from a /PKM/DSS Key to a Station Speed Dial key... and I couldn't figure out how to change it back (to program it with an internal extension) without going through the phone system, your answer got be back on the right track and we're golden now.  THANK YOU!!!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10