Author Topic: Choosing a trunk whilst using toll restriction  (Read 904 times)

Offline rick

• View Profile
Choosing a trunk whilst using toll restriction
« on: February 26, 2018, 05:30:25 PM »
I have a customer with two rotary lines, for the two separate parts of his company.
He wants to be able to choose a trunk line and therefore which rotary he uses, dependant on which part of the company he is dialling from.

So I have given him two sets of trunk keys, so he can pick whichever outgoing line he likes and also he can see which half of the company callers are dialling into

But he also wants to restrict toll and long distance calls - using codes to allow access.

I have set up forced, validated account codes and when pressing 8 for an outgoing line (using ARS 92000) this prompts for a code to be entered.

But if he chooses a particular line using a trunk key he can dial out without being prompted for the code.

I then set toll and long distance restriction on the trunks, so he has to use ARS (dial 8) to make these type of calls, but he now cant pick which outgoing line is used and he doesn't like it!

Is there a way that we can set it up so that the customer can pick a particular line and also be prompted for an account code>?

Any suggestions would be greatly received!

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Choosing a trunk whilst using toll restriction
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 08:19:37 AM »
rick,

Are they setup as Trunk Keys or Trunk Groups?

Thanks,

TE

Offline rick

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 12:24:12 PM »
They are set up as trunk keys. 5 trunk leys for one rotary and 3 trunk keys for the second.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 02:35:09 PM »
rick,

Just setup 1 CO Trunk Group key for each of them so they have access to all of the trunks via the 1 key. That should allow them to choose and still use the Account Codes associated with their phones.

The issue you are having is that you have them directly accessing dial tone via the trunk key; ie you bypassed system trunk programming. This means that the system has no idea what is being dialed prior to it being sent out. If you use a Trunk Group key it will still follow what the Trunk Group restrictions are and therefore will know what is dialed prior to a trunk being selected.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10