Author Topic: NuPoint Call director - fixed digits plus gathered digits?  (Read 1513 times)

Offline VeeDubb65

• View Profile
NuPoint Call director - fixed digits plus gathered digits?
« on: February 23, 2018, 07:56:02 PM »
I'm trying to set up a call flow step where the user is prompted to dial a 4-digit code, and is then transferred to '8998+gathereddigits+gathereddigits

First of all, is this even possible? If it is possible, how would I go about it?

The reason I'm trying to do this is that the 3300 has a built in Meet Me Conferencing, but it has no voice prompts of any kind, and is basically pretty terrible. Using a dummy extension that goes to a Call Director mailbox seemed like a good way to go. My thought was that I could prompt for a "conference number", dial out MMC access number + the "conference number" and then just re-use the conference number as the conference PIN.

Am I barking up the wrong tree entirely?

Offline rotary dial tommy

• View Profile
Re: NuPoint Call director - fixed digits plus gathered digits?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 08:33:17 PM »
I once owned a 66 vee dub with a 1300 engine .

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 05:47:01 PM »
The NuPoint conferencing is really, really good with a self-service portal for users to book conferences - I am guessing you might not use that if you didn't have licences for it, but I am pretty sure that every NuPoint comes with *some* conferencing port licences...?

Offline VeeDubb65

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 12:04:12 PM »
I was under the impression that was part of MiCollab, not NuPoint. Am I mistaken? As for licensing, unless it is completely built-in we don't appear to have any licensing for it at all. There's not even a conferencing blade installed.

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 08:22:26 AM »
I was under the impression that was part of MiCollab, not NuPoint. Am I mistaken? As for licensing, unless it is completely built-in we don't appear to have any licensing for it at all. There's not even a conferencing blade installed.

attached

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2018, 05:54:04 PM »

Of course, it's AWV, not NuPoint.
Why was I thinking NuPoint? I think I was thinking of fax-to-email or something.

I thought if you buy MiCollab you get AWV with some licensed ports automatically.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2018, 06:21:45 PM »
If you are using the meet me, I would look at using speed call. Check the help file. I have set up something similar in Nupoint as a front end. I used a call director box and it said something like please enter you 5 digit conference code. My call director was a menu that only allowed a single dtmf to filter the corrected leading digit. The correct digit went to a scond menu to collect gathered digits. Invalid choices play a message and hang up. The second level menu accepts 4 dtmf digits which transfer to the speed call. You can certainly create at set up where each level accepts only 1 dtmf digit and nest as accept or deny.

I have done this where they want a customer to enter a zip code for routing. Each level is a menu for a single digit.

As how I did it for the meet me, I think I was less stringent as per the way the customer used it.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10