Author Topic: Whisper Announcement  (Read 2287 times)

Offline StevenH510

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Whisper Announcement
« on: February 13, 2018, 11:01:24 AM »
Good afternoon,

I just wondered if anyone on here has a Mitel CCM platform running on version 8.1.3.0 that is using the Agent Workflow to deliver whisper announcements to agents on delivery of the call onto their devices?

We have a cluster of 3300 MXe's & 3300 VM's running MCD 7.2 SP1 & MiContactCentre 8.1.3.0. Within our Contact centre, we have agent workflows configured that provides the agent with a 'whisper announcement' this being a voice identifier within the agents headset of queue name of the call they are being presented with identified from the DNIS. The way this SHOULD work is the agents 5330 will ring (with Auto Answer & headset enabled), this will ring in the headset once, answer, then play the whisper announcement to the agent of the line the caller has come in on while the caller hears music, then connect the call to the agent & presto, but this stopped working, and instead of playing the announcement to the agent, it just puts the call straight through with just half a ring in the headset as a indication as a call is coming, this is something our agents have raised isn't good enough & they need to know the route the caller as taken, etc.

At the moment our current contact centre solution plays the whisper before placing the call to the agent so the agent has a couple of seconds to know which line the call is incoming on and answer appropriately, is this a feature that is possible with Mitel CCM?

Hope the above makes sense, I've had a lot of coffee drinking over this one :)

Many Thanks

Steve
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 11:05:28 AM by StevenH510 »

Offline eugenej

• View Profile
Re: Whisper Announcement
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 07:45:09 AM »
slightly confused. You say it used to work but not anymore - you then ask is this a feature?

Can only assume you are fact checking that the feature actually exists since someone said it worked that way. In that case, yes it does and is called whisper announcement.

Regards

Offline StevenH510

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 11:27:14 AM »
Hi Eugenej,

I do apologise as I spent that much time thinking out what to type I think I got the original post wrapped around my neck abit.

Basically, our current solution which isn't Mitel works by delivering an whisper to the agent before the call is put through to them.

We've had MiContact Centre installed & even though the documentation says it should work how I've described it, it doesn't and never has, when it plays the whisper it plays it to both customer & agent, even though the 'Agent Only' option is enabled within the Agent Workflow, also you can hear background noise of the contact centre before the whisper is played (when the agent has Auto-Answer enabled).

I was just fact finding really, as this is the only implementation of Whisper announcement I've worked with, I just wondered if (& how) others deliver whisper announcements to their agents.

Thanks for reading :)

Steve
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 11:59:50 AM by StevenH510 »

Offline JasonTaylor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2018, 06:55:38 PM »
I kind of have this working although I ran into similar problems.  I got it to whisper the announcement to the agent only however the caller hears 'silence' while the prompt is played which I think is normal according to the docs.  Also I had to set up a variable lookup against the DNIS to play the relevant scheme prompt, however the agent announcement ports never picked up the DNIS correctly and this is supposedly fixed in 8.4.0.0

Offline StevenH510

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2018, 11:11:05 AM »
Interesting to hear that, I just can't get it to behave in the way stated in the documentation. I've seen the same problem with the Agent annoucement ports not picking up the DNIS, even though they were in the correct COS that they needed to be in. Sadly the answer from our supplier on this instance is that the documentation is incorrect. Out of interest are you using a 3300 ISS VM?

Cheers

Offline JasonTaylor

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2018, 07:34:17 PM »
Interesting to hear that, I just can't get it to behave in the way stated in the documentation. I've seen the same problem with the Agent annoucement ports not picking up the DNIS, even though they were in the correct COS that they needed to be in. Sadly the answer from our supplier on this instance is that the documentation is incorrect. Out of interest are you using a 3300 ISS VM?

Cheers

Hi Steven sorry I only just seen this.  Where I have seen this issue it is running on our Hosted platform, MiCloud Multi Instance MiVB which runs on ISS supplied and installed by Mitel, and MiCC on VMware.

Offline StevenH510

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2018, 09:44:41 AM »
No probs Jason,

It's interesting you have the same issue with MiCloud.

I've raised a design fault directly with Mitel on this one and awaiting feedback.

Cheers

Steve

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10