Author Topic: customer recorded over default mailbox system greeting  (Read 2010 times)

Offline Crowtalks

• View Profile
customer recorded over default mailbox system greeting
« on: February 09, 2018, 08:12:23 PM »
We have a Mitel 5000 where the customer recorded over the default system greeting, so whenever callers access someone's mailbox that is set for the standard system greeting, instead of primary or alternate, they hear the customer recording, then the system greeting immediately after.

I fixed a similar issue a few years ago, and I have poured through the system, including checking audiotext recordings, but I can't recall where to go to rerecord the mailbox system greeting.

Thanks, Jim

Offline BlackSunshine

• View Profile
Re: customer recorded over default mailbox system greeting
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 10:56:28 PM »
I think you are looking for prompt.  Take a look in this older Mitel 5000 voice mail admin guide. Look at the ASR prompts that start on page 24.

https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/view/34424271/mitel-5000-cp-v50-voice-mail-administrator-guidepdf

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 07:53:56 AM »
Crowtalks,

Personally, I would just reload the system prompts in case they recorded over others that you are not aware of.

Thanks,

TE

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 08:05:29 AM »
Crowtalks,

Personally, I would just reload the system prompts in case they recorded over others that you are not aware of.

Thanks,

TE
Yeah, I would suggest doing this as well... Years ago we had a customer call and say that callers occasionally hear "what the f*ck" in their voicemail system. Didn't believe it at first until someone figured out of you left a message, stayed on the line, and waited for the confirmation it was sent, the system responded "what the f*ck" instead of "You message has been sent". The best we could figure was someone accidentally re-recorded over that prompt, but somewhere along the line they realized they were in the wrong spot and hung-up, inadvertently changing that system prompt.

I have another story that is similar, but not as humorous... A customer called and said callers keep hearing a strange noise when the call times out and goes to the overflow auto-attendant. Someone had gone to re-record the greeting but a large truck must have been going by at the time and the person recording the greeting just hung up, so all you heard was what sounded like a truck taking off and changing gears. Totally plausible as the managers office was in the corner of a building at street level, in a town with only one traffic light that happened to be on that corner right outside their office.

Offline BlackSunshine

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 10:55:05 AM »
Default Greeting is a combination of Prompt 005 "is not available" and prompt 019 "after the tone please record your message......."    just login voicemail admin ...go to prompts....it will play current prompt and will play custom prompt...it will allow you to erase the custom prompt and reinstate default prompt

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10