Author Topic: forward voicemail to another office - the # entered is not valid?  (Read 1088 times)

Offline bstrain74

• Contributer
    • View Profile
I have multiple offices, each with a Mitel 5000. I can forward voicemails from one extension to another inter-office, but when I try to forward a voicemail to an extension at another office it says - the number entered is not valid. Any ideas? Thanks.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: forward voicemail to another office - the # entered is not valid?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 11:19:49 AM »
You either need to centralize the mailboxes at one location, or license and program voice mail networking.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: forward voicemail to another office - the # entered is not valid?
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 12:04:40 PM »
Just to clarify what DND ON is saying... Because the phone systems are networked, does not mean the voicemail systems are networked, they are still unique local only services to that specific to each site. The voicemail systems do not share information and are not aware of other voicemail servers in the network. 

The most common way to accomplish this is to use one site to host all voicemail boxes, and sometimes all voicemail services including CRA and other services. This is usually preferred as the alternative is a bit more expensive and complex.

True voicemail networking requires an additional license at each location, and an in-house SMTP/POP mail server for the voicemail systems to use to transfer messages back and forth... Been many years since I have setup one of these scenarios.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10