Author Topic: MBG Teleworker One-Way Audio False Alarm  (Read 1270 times)

Offline zac1234

• Contributer
    • View Profile
MBG Teleworker One-Way Audio False Alarm
« on: February 08, 2018, 10:07:16 AM »
I've noticed in a few MBG's, running the teleworker service, that sometimes there are one-way audio alarms.  I'll contact the user and they don't recall experiencing such a problem.  However, there are times when a user experienced one-way audio but there wasn't an alarm in the MBG.

Does anyone experience this or have any ideas as to why it happens?

These MBGs are working with MiVoice Business and SIP trunks.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: MBG Teleworker One-Way Audio False Alarm
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 07:19:14 AM »
zac1234,

I have run into this issue recently when trying to setup teleworker service for a customer and I can make it happen every time with a teleworker phone. When I called Mitel about it there answer was this.

Quote from: Mitel Tech Support
This can happen depending on how the audio is routed. If the events are truly benign, go into the MBG Alarms option, and lower the severity to indeterminate. That will stop any alarms, but still post a note in the event viewer.

So, now I no longer see a Warning issued when calls are made, but I did find another problem recently. If you try to setup a conference call then no audio is passed in either direction from what I can tell. I believe that this is a firewall issue, but until I have some time to work on it I won't know.

What you can do is a packet capture on your SIP MBG and your Teleworker MBG when placing the call. This way you should see what is going on between the two and why the Teleworker MBG thinks it lost audio. You can also look at the tug.log file to see the SIP messages on SIP MBG as well as the Teleworker MBG. Most likely, from how I understand it, there is a port being blocked somewhere that isn't part of the audio.

Thanks,

TE

Offline zac1234

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: MBG Teleworker One-Way Audio False Alarm
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 10:36:57 AM »
Thanks TE!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10