Author Topic: No poe on one 5330e  (Read 764 times)

Offline GlennS757

• View Profile
No poe on one 5330e
« on: February 05, 2018, 08:52:14 PM »
We have about 20 5330e’s all using power over Ethernet and fed to our pc’s. We have one specific unit that was moved around once and no longer will power on using poe. It is the phone itself as I have tried lot in a location that proper connection is verified. I do have an old 48v power supply that I plugged in to the unit and it powered on but would get stuck on discovery and time out. I need the power supply for an older phone. Any ideas toward a resolution? I did notice that one or two of the head bars on the dual gigabit port seemed to be moved out of position slightly. Could this effect it getting the poe?

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: No poe on one 5330e
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 08:51:50 AM »
The fact that it's turning on and trying to connect seems to point to a networking error, not a power issue.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: No poe on one 5330e
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 10:10:48 AM »
The phone is defective... get it repaired or replace it. If it won't power on via POE but does via a Mitel 48V A/C adapter (non-POE) then the phone is defective.

Although the bent pins MIGHT be the cause, repairing them yourself, short of just using a paperclip to pop them back into the correct position, is not recommended.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10