Author Topic: Silent Panic button  (Read 3590 times)

Offline Lincolnjones

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Silent Panic button
« on: February 02, 2018, 12:43:07 PM »
I'm trying to implement a one button silent panic button. We currently have in place a two button option the "Quiet" Headset button and the a second button to call for an emergency. I want to merge the two. Basically to be able to call dispatch and they can listen in to the situation, but the user is unable to hear dispatch. In case of a active hostile.
I have tried a speed dial that activates the headset but this is not possible because it is a multi line feature.
Option I'm currently looking into would to implement an Cisco ATA to remove the ringback, then active the headset option later. If there is a way to remove a ring back in Mitel on one extension that would be nice also.
Can the headset option be put in place through any groups or speed dials or another way by pauses?

Offline Lincolnjones

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Silent Panic button
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 04:09:56 PM »
So basically In a nut shell I want to create what causes other people problems. One way audio, and No ring tone. (Without breaking my Firewall.)

Offline rotary dial tommy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 05:26:39 PM »
I think you should involve your local telecom vendor and work together on your solution .

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 07:30:09 PM »
Would something like a sandman 1 button alert dialer work? You would need an analogue extension for it.

http://www.sandman.com/autodial.html
Part # MSC2A

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2018, 08:32:52 PM »
The poster is an IT person that has no concept of telecom verbage . Thus the Mitel tech refer

Offline august

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2018, 08:12:31 PM »
It can be done by using a CDE Speedcall key on the phone that dial for exemple 5555.

5555 is an ARS digit that dial a Loop Start Trunk connect to a paging device (like a Valcom V2001, use to provide battery on the LS)  The output can then be send to any compatible speaker in the emergency office.

This will give you one-way audio with absolutly no ring on the phone. 

It is something that is easy to install and not expensive.

Offline Lincolnjones

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2018, 11:14:33 AM »
The poster is an IT person that has no concept of telecom verbage . Thus the Mitel tech refer
You are correct.... but I have reached out to our provider.  They are less helpful then the knowledge I already have. I may not know the verbage but I do understand a good fair amount. Thanks for your suggestion but no thanks. I've tried that. That is why I am reaching out here.
If my idea won't work just say so, it will cut me the leg work. Actually I wouldn't be surprised if my idea make zero sense at all. But I am open for any ideas. If is just isn't possible at all let me know. But I'm gonna look August's an sarond's suggestions. Thank you guys!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 11:37:13 AM by Lincolnjones »

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2018, 11:53:19 AM »
I have reread your post many times and I still do not fully understand what your trying to accomplish . Maybe my fault  ?

Offline Lincolnjones

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2018, 03:25:51 PM »
Whole story:  We are a county, and 911 dispatch has phones in their office on our Mitel system. The other departments ie: Clerk, treasurer, Attorneys, Commissioners.., want a single panic button that dials the dispatch extension where dispatch can listen to the incident without notifying an intruder that they have called for help. A single call button with one way audio.
I'm reaching a point where I think the Mitel system just can't perform this action.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 03:33:35 PM by Lincolnjones »

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2018, 05:12:41 PM »
Maybe you should be thinking about the *destination* device that you are calling?
Instead of calling a phone, could you be calling a device that has speaker but no mic?

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2018, 05:17:53 PM »
You could ring to a red 2500 set  with the transmitter removed from the handset No audio out from the set .

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2018, 06:01:26 PM »
He might want to be using something that has an LCD display so that it can display the caller ID of the extension that has called it.
In fact, he might want a group of them in case there are multiple panics at the same time, otherwise the second panic won't get through. The more I think about it the more I think this isn't something you should be doing with your phone system.

I know in some government offices/healthcare facilities they have panic buttons, but they aren't part of the telephony system, they are part of the security setup, so I've never really paid much attention to how they use them.
Having said that, I was once in a facility when the panic was triggered and it locked everything, I was stuck between two gates and security were communicating using 2-way radio and intercoms dotted around the place. I had to spend quite a while pleading to be let out....So not really a phone thing at all in that case.

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2018, 08:53:24 PM »
The security gates reminds of a ROLM 8000 we installed in the Rancho Seco nuclear power plant near Sacramento . Every time a tech went out there he/she had to unload every thing out of the van so security could search it . One bad handset cord was half of your work day .

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2018, 09:38:23 PM »
Whole story:  We are a county, and 911 dispatch has phones in their office on our Mitel system. The other departments ie: Clerk, treasurer, Attorneys, Commissioners.., want a single panic button that dials the dispatch extension where dispatch can listen to the incident without notifying an intruder that they have called for help. A single call button with one way audio.
I'm reaching a point where I think the Mitel system just can't perform this action.

Hi,

U want to reach internal Dn or external destination?
Whay is the link? Bri? Sip ?

Offline Norpike

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2019, 07:38:33 PM »
We are looking at implementing a similar setup at our location.
Need the ability to have a user press a button (speed dial) that would connect to ER Adviser, send caller info and either collapse the call or stay off hook so Security can monitor the situation.
Need to do it by pressing one button and having no audible signalling/ring back.
Has anyone come up with a solution?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10