Author Topic: TTY - 711 Calling feature  (Read 1100 times)

Offline gregoryhall

• Contributer
    • View Profile
TTY - 711 Calling feature
« on: January 31, 2018, 02:55:35 PM »
We currently have multiple TTY machines connected via analog to our Mitel 3300 (SIP Trunk) system. We've been asked to setup the ability for users on 5340e desk phones to be able to dial 711 and get out to the TTY (TRS) operator. My assumption would be that we need to setup a shortcut key on everyone's phone and then have that directed/ARS Routed to externally dial 711, but I am not sure. I'm not finding any documentation online and am hoping someone may have already conquered this task.

Help please !!

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: TTY - 711 Calling feature
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 03:47:59 PM »
Hey Gregory. If 711 matches an ARS Digits Dialed pattern it will take that route when the calling pattern matches. I would add whatever prefix you use for outgoing calls, especially if 711x matches, or comes close to matching an internal extension. For instance if users have to hit 9 for an outside call, use 9+711.

You could set up shortcut keys for users that frequently dial it but at that point it's just adding the key to dial 9711 to their phones.

One of mine looks like this:
Digits Dialed = 9711 (This deployment requires "9" for an outside line and has extensions that start with 7)
Number of Digits to Follow = 0
Termination Type = Route (this will vary based on your set up)
Termination Number = 2 (this will vary based on your set up)

On the surface I don't see any reason why Termination type and number couldn't match what you do for regular calls since callers are getting the operator and not a TTY device.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10