Author Topic: Mitel 5000 - email alarms?  (Read 2457 times)

Offline bstrain74

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Mitel 5000 - email alarms?
« on: January 25, 2018, 09:12:44 AM »
I administer 6 Mitel 5000 systems here and would like to know if it's possible to send emails when an alarm trips. Is this possible? If so a walk-through would be great. I would assume I need to setup some items in System/Email Gateway. What next? Thanks for any help.

To be more specific - some locations have POTS lines. I'd love to get an email when one of the lines are down. Possible?

Offline magnus

• View Profile
Re: Mitel 5000 - email alarms?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 10:32:19 AM »
Setup a user for alarms with an email address.

Go into the SaD tool and click in the upper right corner and select manage alarm connections.
The rest is straight forward. Select the user and which alarms you want sent to you.

This is assuming that you have the email gateway configured already. Which we do standard on all systems since our customers usually want vm to email.

I don't think there is an alarm for POTS lines though.

Offline bstrain74

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 10:43:40 AM »
Thanks so much for the quick reply. I do have the SaD software installed, along with DB programming. I've never had any issue getting into DB programming.

On the SaD software it says the 'AWS webpage and advanced system monitoring are not available'. Any ideas? Manage alarm notifications is grayed out.

In DB Programming under Maintenance Accounts I have admin listed - Enable Advanced Webpage Programming is Yes.
This admin account can login to the webpage for the phone system

Under Users I have 'Customer' listed. Under Administrator-Related Information all 4 options are Yes.
This customer account can login to the webpage as well.

Any ideas?

Offline magnus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 01:56:16 PM »
You need to be connected to the system to control the alarm notifications.

Go to System/IP settings/Web/SSH Settings
Make sure Web server is enabled. Note the port

Go into your SaD manage system connections and make sure that the web listening port is the same.

If that info is corrent then you are probably having a port forwarding issue and need to get the IT people to forward the port

Offline dhumes0524

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 12:33:02 PM »
Another note is that in my experience you have to have SaD open and connected to your system in order for the notifications to work.  Once you close it, no notifications.  For me this made it impractical because now instead of having to manually babysit and check the system for errors, I have to manually babysit and check that the SaD is running and connected...

Unless someone wants to prove me wrong - which would make me happy!

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2018, 06:36:12 AM »
No, you do not need to be connected to receive alarms. I receive emails in the middle of the night - believe me, I'm not logged into anything!

Offline dhumes0524

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2018, 09:25:15 AM »
Hm, I will have to revisit this today in that case and see if I have something misconfigured.

Offline dhumes0524

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2018, 08:57:41 AM »
I have attached a screenshot of my alarms configuration.  I have an email gateway properly configured - we receive forwarded copies of all of our voicemails with no issue.  It appears for me that the alarms aren't even working with SaD open and running - I just pulled my PRI for about 20 seconds with SaD open, and I didn't receive an email alert...unless there is a threshold of time that the alarm has to be present before an email will be sent...?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2018, 09:34:09 AM »
dhumes0524,

Under Individual Alarms is A114 checked or is it unchecked?

Thanks,

TE

Offline dhumes0524

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2018, 09:55:48 AM »
Everything under individual alarms is unchecked.  I had assumed (maybe incorrectly) that using the alarm groups in the top section would override those individual alarm settings.

Offline magnus

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2018, 10:43:31 AM »
As a test I generally use the off hook alarm.
Then you can just take a phone off hook for a 2 minutes and get it to send you an email.
Also check the logs to see if it is generating an email and see if there is a typo in the email address.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2018, 11:59:28 AM »
dhumes0524,

It is progressive. If you have Major Checked then you will see all of the Major Alarms in the Individual list. After that you go and select which Major Alarms you want to see and then test it. That way you won't get e-mails for alarms that you don't really care about; like off-hook alarm.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10