Author Topic: Cant find extension in User and Service Config form  (Read 4025 times)

Offline ghost

• View Profile
Cant find extension in User and Service Config form
« on: January 24, 2018, 10:49:09 PM »
So I had reports of people having issues calling an extension
It can be called from the system it is on, but cant call it from other systems (can call it if I dial the nodes 4 digit prefix)
The phone in question can make calls

I tried viewing it in the "User and Service Config form" and it was not there

I ran a Location Feature Extenion and got the following
IP Device ID:    1                                                             
Circuit Location : 1 3 1 1 1                                                   
Extension : 70XX                                                               
Active Features :                                                               
Call Forward No Answer External : 70YY                                         
Call Forward No Answer Internal : 70YY                                         
Call Forward Busy External : 70YY                                               
Call Forward Busy Internal : 70YY                                               
Phone Lock: UnLocked                                                           
Service Level: Full                                                             
MAC Address : 08:00:0F:23:DF:24                                               
Zone ID: 70   

(zone 70 is this controller)
The extension is in the Multiline Set Keys with buttons programms
It is in the Multiline Appearance Groups showing it is button 1 on itself
it is in the Station Attributes form, User and Device Attributes form, Telephone Directory and Call Rerouting Form and it has a voicemail box

I tried creating a matching extension in User and Services, but it tells me the extension number is already in use and I cant work out how to delete it to start again

Offline rotary dial tommy

• View Profile
Re: Cant find extension in User and Service Config form
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 11:40:46 PM »
It sounds like the ext is missing from the rem-dir on the switch you are dialing from . Try doing a search match one the node having trouble .

Offline ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 12:07:41 AM »
Rotary, its not showing in the Remote Diectory Numbers of any of the other systems.
I am thinking some corruption in the database some how

So I did an export of the User and Service Config form, the number shows but is missing critical information
It is missing its "Primary Phone Service Id Ref", "Hosted User Service Guid" and "User Id"

I can confirm that its home element is the system I am looking at and it does not have a Secondary Element

and I cant import the entry back over itself (The directory number already exists. Hosted User Service Guid Ref: Value out of bounds)

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 08:22:20 AM »
Rotary, its not showing in the Remote Diectory Numbers of any of the other systems.
I am thinking some corruption in the database some how

So I did an export of the User and Service Config form, the number shows but is missing critical information
It is missing its "Primary Phone Service Id Ref", "Hosted User Service Guid" and "User Id"

I can confirm that its home element is the system I am looking at and it does not have a Secondary Element

and I cant import the entry back over itself (The directory number already exists. Hosted User Service Guid Ref: Value out of bounds)
Go through and try to delete it manually in Multiline IP Devices... Otherwise backup and restore.

I want to also issue a little warning here... Use caution when importing User & Devices to make changes, I have seen really bad things happen doing that. If you need to make a bulk change, like to COS assigned to a station or something like that, do it in the specific form like Station Attributes. Maybe I was just unlucky, but trying to make changes in Users & Devices has caused me to restore more than once.

Also, be aware that importing data is not magic... if you can't do it by hand an import isn't going to be able to either.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 12:50:16 AM »
I had one of these.
An extension was only dialable by other extensions on the same controller.
Pretty sure that manually adding it to the Telephone Directory was part of the fix, although it took me several days, so it didn't work first try, and I may well have fiddled with all sorts of stuff to get it working.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2018, 07:55:18 AM »
Have you tried deleting the device and recreating it?

Ralph

Offline ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2018, 12:22:59 AM »
Ace, thankyou, I was able to delete the extension from the Multiline IP Sets form (dont know why I didnt try that form before)

After deletining the extension I was able to recreate the extension and now it is working as expected.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10