Author Topic: Decrypting MiCC licensing  (Read 2208 times)

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Decrypting MiCC licensing
« on: January 24, 2018, 09:48:36 AM »
Customer has MiCC BE 7.1.
In YSE I can see:

BE Reporting Agents: 45
BE Agent Desktops: 40
Supervisor Desktops: 6

I have read http://micc.mitel.com/kb/KnowledgebaseArticle51101.aspx , Simplified-Licensing-Matrix-7100.xls  "Business Edition" tab.

I assume that I have 45 of column 'B' [Reporting] and 40 of column 'C' [Desktop].
Therefore, I can report on 85 extensions,  46 of those can use the contact center client, 6 can use the management tools to make changes? Does that sound right?

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Decrypting MiCC licensing
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 06:13:34 AM »
Clearly I don't understand how the licensing works because in YSE I can see 9 users with "Supervisor license: Desktop" and it says "3 Supervisor desktop licenses remain" which means they have 12 supervisor licenses, somehow.

ETA: the Business Edition tab on that spreadsheet says the maximum in BE is 10 supervisors! Does it let you apply the licenses but then not use them?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 06:16:31 AM by Dogbreath »

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 07:14:42 AM »
Dogbreath,

The licensing would be what is called concurrent licensing. This means that you can have 20 people with a certain license, but only the amount that can actually use it at one time is where the limit comes in.

For example you have 6 supervisor licenses, but you have 9 people setup up to use it. If 3 of those people are logged in using it then you would have 3 still available that could use it. After that the remaining 3 people, out of the 9, would not be able to log in until one of the others logged off.

Thanks,

TE

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 12:11:45 PM »
OK, I guess that explains what I can see then.
Saying how many are remaining next to the dropdown where you choose what type of license they have implies to me that setting the license consumes it, but concurrent licensing makes more sense in this sort of environment.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 08:14:52 PM »
MiCC licensing is named licensing (not concurrent)
They used to have a concurrent model back in 5.8 I think.

Are there actually 12 Supervisor licenses in the licensing page?

You are correct on the Reporting vs Desktop.

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2018, 07:17:16 AM »
I did what I should have done before posting...created a test user and assigned them a Supervisor license and indeed it decrements when they're created, so named not concurrent.

There are not 12 Supervisor Desktops listed on System Information in YSE, only 6. There are not 6 of anything else.

Offline eugenej

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2018, 07:56:53 AM »
I did what I should have done before posting...created a test user and assigned them a Supervisor license and indeed it decrements when they're created, so named not concurrent.

There are not 12 Supervisor Desktops listed on System Information in YSE, only 6. There are not 6 of anything else.

MiCC 8 converted your licenses to concurrent viz. gave you 3x times your agent licenses. However your SWA would have jumped cause you are also entitled to free bundled parts. If you opt out of that, you go back to named licensing. Opting out is ONLY available for upgrades. You also can't go back to named once you have switched, but you can go to bundles (concurrent) at a later stage

As for supervisor licenses - if you are referring to admin licenses then I'm not sure. I've seen this too where after upgrading those licenses are increased by a lot. It is not meant to increase since those are NOT covered by concurrency in my opinion (I stand corrected though)

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2018, 06:24:59 AM »
I asked AMC support and they couldn't figure it out and suggest I open a ticket with MiCC support. I am going to let sleeping dogs lie here.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10