Author Topic: Mitel 3300 - Setup of Voicemail to Email (Settings on Mitel Controler Only)  (Read 11779 times)

Offline ginja

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Hi,

I figured this would be a simple thing to find via a few google searches, but have not had much luck with it. We believe we have our Exchange server setup correctly, but we are unsure of exactly what needs to be set on the Mitel controller to allow Voicemail to Email happen. A few searches came across NuPoint Unified Messaging System. Is NuPoint an addon or something additional we need to purchase to be able to do this?

If we can do this with the basic Mitel 3300 Controler, what all settings are we missing? I have setup the mail server and email server and Sender's address in the System Properties > System Feature Settings > System options location. I figured there might be addition settings in the email section, but have been unable to find them as of yet.

Thanks!

Offline x-man

• View Profile
System help file:

Programming

To enable the Forward to Email feature for the system, perform the following steps for each node in the network/cluster:

System Options form

Enter the IP address of the default Email server in the "Email server" field.

Enter the return email address for the server specified above in the "Email - Sender's Address" field.

VM Options form

Select the Email Sender's Address to be used: System Default (configured in the System Options form) or Voicemail Default.

VM Network Servers

Enter the DNS name of the controller. (For single-system configurations only; not required for networked voice mail.

For each user, enable Forward to Email using the VM Mailboxes or User and Services Configuration form .

Make sure that your local Email server is set to accept Email from this node, and that attachments are allowed. See your Email server documentation for more information.

Looks like its just the DNS that's missing.

Offline ginja

• Contributer
    • View Profile
On the DNS entry, under VM network servers. Wouldnt that be the exchange server we are using? It seems like this form is used for adding the Mitel 3300 as the VM server (unless that is what were supposed to do).

I will get it added to test and see if that fixes it.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
No, its the 3300 that is performing the  vm system operation. i.e the 3300 istelf. The exchange server is just receiving forwarded message from the sender (the 3300).

Offline zac1234

• Contributer
    • View Profile
For the email server IP address field, is it possible to use an FQDN instead of an IP?

I have a customer who has Office 365 and their IT says that we have to use an FQDN.  The field in System Options accepts the FQDN, but voice mail to email doesn't work.  In the software logs it shows 255.255.255.255 where the mail server IP address should be.

The 3300 can resolve the FQDN, I tested by using the "IPN DNS NSLOOKUP <fqdn>" maintenance command and it resolves properly.

Offline Rixy

• View Profile
Re: Mitel 3300 - Setup of Voicemail to Email (Settings on Mitel Controler Only)
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2018, 07:20:10 AM »
For the email server IP address field, is it possible to use an FQDN instead of an IP?

I have a customer who has Office 365 and their IT says that we have to use an FQDN.  The field in System Options accepts the FQDN, but voice mail to email doesn't work.  In the software logs it shows 255.255.255.255 where the mail server IP address should be.

The 3300 can resolve the FQDN, I tested by using the "IPN DNS NSLOOKUP <fqdn>" maintenance command and it resolves properly.

Hi Zac.

Any luck on this one for your customer? I've got the same thing with one of my customers.

Cheers

Rixy

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10