Author Topic: DHCP with two controlers  (Read 1165 times)

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
DHCP with two controlers
« on: December 05, 2017, 08:15:01 AM »
Hi ,

I have two controllers:

Pbx 1 : 192.168.1.1
PBx 2 : 192.168.1.2

I use Microsoft server for DHCP .

It's possible to put in the option 125 for call server and tftp server the ip address of my two controllers ?

How can i manage that ?

Cheers.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: DHCP with two controlers
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 09:31:15 AM »
You can only define one TFTP server in DHCP, but you can define multiple ICP's (up to 4) with comma separated values like this:

id:ipphone.mitel.com;sw_tftp=192.168.1.1;call_srv=192.168.1.1,192.168.1.2;vlan=50;l2p=6;<etc>

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 09:41:15 AM »
You can only define one TFTP server in DHCP, but you can define multiple ICP's (up to 4) with comma separated values like this:

id:ipphone.mitel.com;sw_tftp=192.168.1.1;call_srv=192.168.1.1,192.168.1.2;vlan=50;l2p=6;<etc>

Thank u Ace , i ask the Customer to add my second PBX , i will try this afternoon.

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 10:31:22 AM »
It works Ace.

I have a second question .

I have two controllers , when i shutdown the first one , before i was able to see --flash ( this is how i know that im on the second controllers)

But now when i shutdown the 1st Pbx , i lost connexion few seconds , and when it's back , in know that i'm connected to the 2nd pbx (because 1st is shutdown ) but i have no information on phone (screen) .

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 11:27:41 AM »
It works Ace.

I have two controllers , when i shutdown the first one , before i was able to see --flash ( this is how i know that im on the second controllers)

But now when i shutdown the 1st Pbx , i lost connexion few seconds , and when it's back , in know that i'm connected to the 2nd pbx (because 1st is shutdown ) but i have no information on phone (screen) .
Hmm... I have no way to test this unfortunately. I suppose it could be because of how the phone is getting it's info (via DHCP instead of from the 3300).

We don't normally do this with DHCP, but let the controller "tell" the phones what their primary and secondary ICP is when they register to the PBX, so I can't tell you if this is specifically because of the DHCP entry or not.

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 12:11:27 PM »
It works Ace.

Hmm... I have no way to test this unfortunately. I suppose it could be because of how the phone is getting it's info (via DHCP instead of from the 3300).

We don't normally do this with DHCP, but let the controller "tell" the phones what their primary and secondary ICP is when they register to the PBX, so I can't tell you if this is specifically because of the DHCP entry or not.

Ok , but how did u know if you are connected to the first or second Pbx ? ( in case i loose connexion )

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2017, 12:14:14 PM »
It works Ace.

Ok , but how did u know if you are connected to the first or second Pbx ? ( in case i loose connexion )
Press both volume buttons, release one while holding the other, then press in order 2-3-4 and release the volume button and navigate to current IP settings and see the current ICP would be the only method I know of if the cursor doesn't show...

The point is, users generally don't need to know... they just want it to work. Setup smtp alarming and have it send you an email if one of them goes down, which is almost never in most cases. :)

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2017, 01:35:42 PM »
It works Ace.

Press both volume buttons, release one while holding the other, then press in order 2-3-4 and release the volume button and navigate to current IP settings and see the current ICP would be the only method I know of if the cursor doesn't show...

The point is, users generally don't need to know... they just want it to work. Setup smtp alarming and have it send you an email if one of them goes down, which is almost never in most cases. :)

Im not sure this method still works with 69xx

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10