Author Topic: Force Disconnect - Suspected off hook phone  (Read 1715 times)

Offline jascrous

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Force Disconnect - Suspected off hook phone
« on: August 18, 2017, 07:58:07 AM »
Anyone have ideas on this...

When performing a numeric page to American Messaging pagers, if the phone is not properly hung up the call sits indefinitely until the phone is used again.  We have had several occasions last few months of 1200+ minute calls due this.  Discussed with American Messaging with no resolve, they stat they have no way to end the call on their side.  I have duplicated the issue.

Outside of user education, wondering if there is anyway in the system to put call timers for force disconnect or something of the sort on a set of specific dial numbers?  Open to all ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Jason

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Force Disconnect - Suspected off hook phone
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 08:29:36 AM »
I believe you can set up your COS to disconnect the call after X amount of time.

Ralph

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 08:46:33 AM »
We had an issue with dial-up modems on analogue extension.
We would forget to disconnect after programming and it would hold the call up over a weekend etc...

I end up programming the COS for those extension to have a duration of 180 minutes before disconnecting.

In the COS we set the "Call Duration" and then set "Enable Call Duration Limit on External Calls" to yes.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 09:13:56 AM »
I am more shocked that there is still numeric paging service somewhere...  :)

Are these live users making the call? Meaning are they doing it by hand on a phone they use for normal calls as well, or is this a device making the call automatically? Is the paging terminal in house on extensions or are the calls made to an external service?

Offline jascrous

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2017, 03:19:22 PM »

Are these live users making the call? Meaning are they doing it by hand on a phone they use for normal calls as well, or is this a device making the call automatically? Is the paging terminal in house on extensions or are the calls made to an external service?

Yes, by phone in hand.  Numeric pagers still very common in the healthcare industry around here.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2017, 03:26:17 PM »

Yes, by phone in hand.  Numeric pagers still very common in the healthcare industry around here.
Ok... Is the paging terminal in-house on extensions or is it an external service you call via trunks, and what types of trunks.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2017, 03:19:08 PM »
Jason.

There are ways to limit a calll to a specific number if you have enterprise licensing. If this is in regards to a site in Saginaw MI. I have tested a method and can let you know how to set this up.

John

Offline jascrous

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2017, 08:56:51 AM »
Jason.

There are ways to limit a calll to a specific number if you have enterprise licensing. If this is in regards to a site in Saginaw MI. I have tested a method and can let you know how to set this up.

John

Perfect, thanks John.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2017, 04:07:40 PM »
Just to let everyone know, this is done with a loopback trunk that has a cos that limits call duration. You send the original dialed number to the loopback and modify it so that when coming back it has some additional digit modification to send it back out. You then need to add the new digit string to regular ars and delete any extra.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10