Author Topic: Mitel 3300 Survivable Branch Office setup  (Read 1181 times)

Offline tshowalter

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Mitel 3300 Survivable Branch Office setup
« on: August 14, 2017, 05:18:49 PM »
I have a new client that has purchased 2 Mitel 3300 CXii controllers and one of them is supposed to be an Analog Survivable Branch Office. I have never set this up before. Do the 2 controllers need to be clustered? Do I need to setup group licensing in the AMC or do I just apply the licenses I need to each machine? Does anyone know of any documentation for setting up this kind of configuration?

Thanks

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Mitel 3300 Survivable Branch Office setup
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 07:09:04 PM »
I have a new client that has purchased 2 Mitel 3300 CXii controllers and one of them is supposed to be an Analog Survivable Branch Office. I have never set this up before. Do the 2 controllers need to be clustered? Do I need to setup group licensing in the AMC or do I just apply the licenses I need to each machine? Does anyone know of any documentation for setting up this kind of configuration?

Thanks
That's a term I haven't heard in years... essentially it is just a resilient clustered PBX with it's own analog lines for calling out. Nothing special, just some ARS wizardry so that if the network channels are down it will allow users to make calls out over analog lines. a "Analog Survivable Branch Office" 3300 is nothing more than a regular 3300 MCD with Enterprise software that usually has the AOB installed on the AMB. There is nothing special to do in AMC, as long as both elements have Enterprise software license, it is just a standard resilient cluster configuration.

Offline tshowalter

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 12:05:26 PM »
So I do have to cluster the 2 controllers? Sorry for simple questions. I am fairly new to this and have never setup a cluster or resilient systems.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 02:06:38 PM »
So I do have to cluster the 2 controllers? Sorry for simple questions. I am fairly new to this and have never setup a cluster or resilient systems.
Yes, in order for resiliency to work you must have networking (inter-node IP trunking) and clustering (SDS data sharing) in place and functioning.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10