Author Topic: Call Hold  (Read 1305 times)

Offline pakman

• View Profile
Call Hold
« on: August 14, 2017, 12:10:35 PM »
Hello,

Call Center takes a call transfer calls to location A. They put that caller on hold there line doesn't flash and the caller disappears for a long time before they ring back. I've checked COS and compared to other sites and I don't see anything different. I can call location A internally have them put me on hold and it works as it should. I can call location A from the outside world and have them put me on hold and it's fine. I can call my desk from my cell and then transfer my cell to location A and it works fine. The call center can transfer calls to other locations and the customer be put on hold without it disappearing. I'm at a lost.

Thank you,

Offline Boris

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Call Hold
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 11:29:34 AM »
Are the same lines used in all outside world call scenarios?  So, if you call location A direct from the outside world, is there any difference in where the call comes in compared to it being a Call Center call?

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 08:23:43 AM »
Wow.  That ain't right.
Are these two different systems?
What version of software are you running?
What happens if the user presses the key after the user disappears?  DT?
What do you show in maintenance if you do a reso on the plid of the holding extension?

Ralph

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 08:21:34 AM »
There both 3300 systems but the software version is different 7.0 and 7.2.

Yeah, I didn't have them press the key again after the call disappears. When I was testing I sat on hold for almost 5 minutes and the call never rang back. However, location A states that the caller does come back but after almost 10-15 minutes on hold. I will check the maintenance command today and see what I get.

Are the same lines used in all outside world call scenarios?  So, if you call location A direct from the outside world, is there any difference in where the call comes in compared to it being a Call Center call?

Yes, if you call location A directly it comes in via the PBX on site at location A. In that scenario the on hold works just fine. It's only when being transferred in from the call center.

Offline Boris

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 08:46:15 AM »
I have seen an issue like this for SIP Trunks.  The carrier didn't respond well to hold signaling being sent to them.  In our particular case, they didn't respond well to anything because of a misconfiguration on their equipment.  If these are SIP Trunks, you might do a trace to see what happens during the hold signaling.  You could also play with the SIP Peer setting "Avoid Signaling Hold to the Peer".

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2017, 08:26:10 AM »
I have seen an issue like this for SIP Trunks.  The carrier didn't respond well to hold signaling being sent to them.  In our particular case, they didn't respond well to anything because of a misconfiguration on their equipment.  If these are SIP Trunks, you might do a trace to see what happens during the hold signaling.  You could also play with the SIP Peer setting "Avoid Signaling Hold to the Peer".

Boris has a good point. 
If you're using SIP trunks be sure the option "avoid signaling hold to peer" is enabled.

Ralph

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10