Author Topic: Embedded VM double digit issue  (Read 1279 times)

Offline 619Tech

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Embedded VM double digit issue
« on: August 08, 2017, 06:17:51 PM »
3300 (7.0) with embedded VM (front end); AA Option 2 (MB2 transfer only) transfers call to x100 (operator). Intermittent report of callers hears "you are being transferred to ext 22", "I'm sorry that is invalid". I can duplicate by pressing 2 for a couple of seconds. Is there a timer or setting that controls how long it "listens" to the DTMF presented? Anyone heard of this?

Offline boycey9

• View Profile
Re: Embedded VM double digit issue
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 04:09:07 PM »
Had a similar issue with an IVR, logged with Mitel and they were blaming the SIP trunks, I ended up programming an option for 22 as well as 2 to get around it Im afraid.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017, 03:21:28 AM »
IIUIC the timer is irrelevant as to pick up two 2's there would have to be a break between them (that of course may be milliseconds) but without it the tone is the tone no matter how long it lasts (within reason). Now of course the break could be that the tone is on the brink of its settings (mainly volume) and if that wavers then there well could be two tones heard as it dips below its set level. I would ask the provider to check what level the tone is being sent at wrt the RFC.There are many many ways that the tone can be modified and tracing this would be difficult. Could even be a DTMF receiver on the way out wrt to the tones associated with 2 and it is happening with that receiver only hence the reason it is intermittent.

Might be worth doing a wireshark to see what conditions are like when the problem occurs. If it really is just 2 then look at the DTMF for that. Just don't use 2 if you can't pin it down. I wonder if you programmed 222 would make a difference as well?

I have seen this the other way (sending double digits) and it turned to be the firewall would you believe. In this case though it was any digit at the beginning of the string. It was the SIP helper that had been turned on on the firewall (8.1 pr1 system locally). Turned that off and everything was fine. It was only dialling in to that particular system which I suspect was hosted on a SIP platform.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 07:42:42 AM »
I've seen this happen when the user is using his speaker phone in a "live" room.
The room created an echo and the VM heard it twice.

Ralph

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10