Author Topic: Maintenance logs - monitor via shell or email on specific entry  (Read 1698 times)

Offline bboopeep

• Contributer
    • View Profile
System: MiVoice Business

We currently have 4 SIP trunks licensed and configured, and occasionally staff mention offhand that they get the 'NO FREE TRUNKS' message when calling out. I want to chart how often this is happening so I can take it to management and convince them to purchase more.
Is there a way to have the system email when a specific maintenance log entry is generated (ie Maintenance\Warning Source: SIP_SSM_APP)?

Alternatively, I was thinking I could have a program log into the Mitel via the shell periodically and parse the maintenance logs; it can then send me an alert if it finds a match. However, I don't know if I can read these logs via the shell.

In this sub-forum, I see there's a sticky post for common shell commands, but what I found there doesn't appear to let me see maintenance logs (or if it does I didn't see it). I'm not sure if it's possible, but I wanted to check with you to see if there was some way it could work, as opposed to me having to log in every day to check the logs (trusting my colleagues to let me know every time it happens is not viable).

Cheers

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Maintenance logs - monitor via shell or email on specific entry
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 08:18:51 AM »
Not sure if it works on SIP Trunks but the maintenance command "congestion" will show you how many calls were unable to be placed over a trunk group. Those messages are also logged to the maintenance logs, you can use the MSP Log Viewer available on the Mitel Software Downloads portal to view those in real-time.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10