Author Topic: Transferring calls to voicemail  (Read 1422 times)

Offline msouva

• View Profile
Transferring calls to voicemail
« on: July 31, 2017, 10:23:27 AM »
I have a question and was wondering if anyone else has run into this.

We have a main number that comes into a hung group to the receptionist.  They then have the ability to press the "Envelope" button and then the extension number to send the caller directly into the persons voicemail.

There is another number that comes into the receptionist and when she does the same procedure above it sends it to the default voicemail for the system. 

What I found was that the main number was set to Voice in the hunt group and the other number was set for NameTag.  I was able to change the other number to voice and confirm that it will allow the receptionist to send the caller directly to the voicemail.

Is this correct for Nametag?  I looked through the documents and did not see anything that would explain this change in the function of the "Envelope" button.

Thank you,

Mark

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Re: Transferring calls to voicemail
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 10:31:59 AM »
Yes, AIUI Nametag breaks integration and therefore the first scenario is correct and follows the Mitel code of the VM used is that of the called number for a trunk call no matter where it is sent to. When name tag is used it goes to the destination VM of the last used number so in this case it goes to the default VM for the system.

Offline msouva

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 01:05:41 PM »
Thank you for the response x-man.  That is what I was thinking, I just find it strange that you cannot direct the call.  I did find where you can use the transfer button and possibly transfer the call directly to the voicemail.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 02:57:03 PM »
Yup, direct transfer to vm; press meesage key and dial extn or press DDS key or speed dial. Don't know if it works from nametag though....sorry.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2017, 08:07:50 PM »
Just be careful about removing it from being a nametag, it was probably programmed for a reason.
i.e. the end of the call flow could go to VM and the nametag breaks the normal integration. Probably to get a different greeting or similar.

Or it could just be used to identify the call.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10