Author Topic: Non techie needs help!  (Read 6616 times)

Offline rvdsabu4life

• View Profile
Non techie needs help!
« on: July 30, 2010, 11:48:52 AM »
I took over the  job of phone man after the last person quit.  I am not familiar with any phone systems.

I have an extension (210) that moved to another digital endpoint.  I switched the extension to that endpoint and the name, but I can't figure out how to move the mailbox.  The old phone still shows the old extensions messages.

It is a Mitel 5000 CP I believe.

Thanks!

Offline Curtis-at-Travis

• View Profile
Re: Non techie needs help!
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 12:00:17 PM »
Okay, there is an easy way, and a hard way.

Hard way first:

Go into the programming of the DKSC card :

System/Controller/Digital Endpoint Interfaces/DEI#(whichever interface)/Bay(whichever card the phone is on).
Find the extension circuits for both phones you are swapping around.  Change the value of that circuit to NONE.  That will kill the phone, but not kill the Voice Mailbox.  Then, recreate the extension at its new circuit.  You will get a conflict warning that the mailbox already exists, do you want to associate it with the extension?  Answer yes, and the mailbox will now match the correct user.
But that's too stinking hard!
Slightly easier method:
Swap crossconnects of the phones back at the MDF.  The phones come up at their new locations, not settings need to be changed or recreated.
But that's still too hard!  You have to get up from your desk!
Easiest method.  From a phone that is flagged as an Administrator:  Dial 9932 (System Programming default code), dial 2, 4, 2, to get into Extension Swap.  Dial the first extension to swap, press #.  Dial the next extension to swap, press #.  Beep!  Extensions swapped!  Voice mails match, buttons stay the same, forwarding paths stay the same. 
Since you already changed extension numbers and names, I would suggest to change them back, then do the swap.  That should get you exactly what you want   8)

Offline wehttam

• View Profile
Re: Non techie needs help!
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 10:38:22 AM »
Is there a similar way to do this when swaping an extension from a digital phone to a Hot Desk Profile? When I attempt to follow the sequence you mentioned, I get " Invalid Extension Number."

Thanks!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10