Author Topic: uc360 conference unit  (Read 9872 times)

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: uc360 conference unit
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2016, 07:52:05 PM »
I'd love to see those posted here.  Maybe someone else knows where to find it.

Ralph

Hey ralph,
Below is a screen shot of those instructions, they were taken from Mitel's "UC360 R2.1 SP5 Admin Guide" these instructions are also part of the .pdf I have on this Topic, I labeled it "UC360 - Contact Settings.pdf".

Enjoy!

Thanks,
-Iron
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 07:53:46 PM by irongladiator »

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2016, 07:56:58 AM »
Is there an example of what the CSV should look like?

Ralph

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2016, 12:12:16 PM »

Ralph

Hi ralph,
OK, so I've tested this out and it actually works pretty good. The manual states that the only supported .csv file is from the Telephone Directory form off of the 3300 (Also note that the .csv must be renamed to MN_Generic in order to work). To test, I used an older SanDisk Cruzer Micro 2.0 GB USB stick. I had it formatted to FAT32 (Not sure that it matters though). It was blank but according to the manual it HAS to be in the x://uc360/backup directory. Once I created that directory, I placed the .csv in there and then off of the UC360 I went to Settings > Advanced > System Settings > Contact Settings. I then check marked the Populate from CSV file: MiVB, MiVO-250 option, and then pressed the Import Contacts from USB option, I then got a Contacts CSV files copied confirmation on the UC360. I then went into the Contacts section on the UC360 and sure enough, all the contacts were in there!

To those interested in the MiVoice Office 250 (Also known as the Mitel 5000), the manual also states that using the .csv file from MiVoice 250 Phone - Individual export is also supported. I have not tested this as of yet.

Thanks,
-Iron
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 12:19:22 PM by irongladiator »

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2016, 10:54:21 PM »
Thanks, good info IMHO

Offline dlehman

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2017, 05:22:49 PM »
Irongladiator - Any idea why I would not have a "Contacts" option under System settings?

Offline Bigblue886

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2017, 10:53:31 AM »
I've connected the UC360 to active directory and pulled the contacts down that way. It's a little slow and clunky but it works.

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2017, 02:39:34 PM »
Irongladiator - Any idea why I would not have a "Contacts" option under System settings?

Hi dlehman,
Sorry for the late reply. See my pictures below:

Long story short, I believe you have an earlier version of the UC360. I should think once you get it upgraded to the latest version you should then see the "Contacts Settings".

Thanks,
-Iron
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 06:43:36 PM by irongladiator »

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2017, 02:28:14 PM »
Yes the contacts import is new as of 2.1 SP5. I actually managed to get it to work from the same HTTP server as I'm storing the software and config files at, and have DHCP set up to point the UC360 to. I have a customer with about 50 of these spread over a handful of sites. I have it set up so each site has their own folder on the HTTP server (just a Windows server with IIS running on it), and inside each site's folder is the software package, a default config file that contains all of the common settings for that site, and a contacts file for that site, which is just all of the local Telephone Directory entries for that site. Works well enough.

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2017, 05:46:21 PM »
I've connected the UC360 to active directory and pulled the contacts down that way. It's a little slow and clunky but it works.
Not sure how you've got this configured, but when we were working on it, we also had a penetration test done. The UC360's webserver was enabled at the time, and the test was able to pull the LDAP credentials off of the UC360 in plain text.

Offline pmhaynes

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2018, 09:23:10 AM »

Ralph

Hi ralph,
OK, so I've tested this out and it actually works pretty good. The manual states that the only supported .csv file is from the Telephone Directory form off of the 3300 (Also note that the .csv must be renamed to MN_Generic in order to work). To test, I used an older SanDisk Cruzer Micro 2.0 GB USB stick. I had it formatted to FAT32 (Not sure that it matters though). It was blank but according to the manual it HAS to be in the x://uc360/backup directory. Once I created that directory, I placed the .csv in there and then off of the UC360 I went to Settings > Advanced > System Settings > Contact Settings. I then check marked the Populate from CSV file: MiVB, MiVO-250 option, and then pressed the Import Contacts from USB option, I then got a Contacts CSV files copied confirmation on the UC360. I then went into the Contacts section on the UC360 and sure enough, all the contacts were in there!

To those interested in the MiVoice Office 250 (Also known as the Mitel 5000), the manual also states that using the .csv file from MiVoice 250 Phone - Individual export is also supported. I have not tested this as of yet.

Thanks,
-Iron

For anyone like me who couldn't get this to work it because the folder needs to be uc360/backups/

backups not backup

http://phonesystemhelp.info/how-to-import-mcd-directory-into-uc360/

Offline dhumes0524

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2018, 09:34:26 AM »
Hi, hoping to reignite this old thread.  I am trying to import a Contacts CSV that came from our MiVoice Office 250 into our UC360.  I have gotten to the point where I am clicking "Import Contacts from USB" and it is saying "Contacts CSV File Copied", but then immediately after that I receive an error stating "CSV Files Import failed".

Now, to export the CSV from MiVoice 250, I went into my phones, highlighted and selected all of them, right-clicked, and selected Export Phones to File, which gave me the CSV.  Is this possibly the incorrect way to export?  I cannot find a sample of how the CSV is to be formatted in order to work with the UC360.

Thank you!

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2018, 02:18:26 PM »
From the latest documentation:

If an error occurs with the CSV import (for example, a missing file, incorrect file), the contacts list
remains empty. Check the following:
• Verify the format of the CSV file: Only CSV files that are formatted as generated by either the
MiVoice Business Telephone Directory export or from the MiVoice 250 Phone - Individual export
are supported. For more details, see the MiVoice Business System Administration Tool Help or
the MiVoice Office 250 Feature and Programming Guide.
• Verify the CSV file names: The directory CSV files must be MN_Generic.csv and
MN_XXXXXXXXXXXX.csv (where the X's represent the 12-character hexadecimal MAC address
of the specific phone).
• Verify that the CSV file is in the correct location. For an http download, place the CSV files in
the same directory as the cfg files. When importing a CSV file from a USB flash drive or SD
card, the files must be placed in the \uc360\backups directory.

Offline Cal Dyker

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2018, 10:25:49 AM »
Hi.
Please can I get the format of the csv file that I plan to import into my U360.
what are the column details
name,surname,ext,phone number.
Thanks in advance
Cal

Offline PC77375

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2018, 01:01:12 PM »
Hi.
Please can I get the format of the csv file that I plan to import into my U360.
what are the column details
name,surname,ext,phone number.
Thanks in advance
Cal

Cal- It looks like it is just the standard Telephone Directory Export, as noted by IronGladiator. I use LDAP, so I cannot confirm the process.

The manual states that the only supported .csv file is from the Telephone Directory form off of the 3300 (Also note that the .csv must be renamed to MN_Generic.csv in order to work).

To test, I used an older SanDisk Cruzer Micro 2.0 GB USB stick. I had it formatted to FAT32 (Not sure that it matters though). I also tried a USB hard drive which did not work.

It was blank but according to the manual it HAS to be in the x://uc360/backups directory. Once I created that directory, I placed the .csv in there and then off of the UC360 I went to Settings > Advanced > System Settings > Contact Settings. I then check marked the Populate from CSV file: MiVB, MiVO-250 option, and then pressed the Import Contacts from USB option, I then got a Contacts CSV files copied confirmation on the UC360. I then went into the Contacts section on the UC360 and sure enough, all the contacts were in there!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10