Author Topic: uc360 conference unit  (Read 9914 times)

Offline Rodney

• Contributer
    • View Profile
uc360 conference unit
« on: November 14, 2016, 01:06:56 PM »
needing some help setting up a UC 360 Collaboration Point (conference unit). Not sure where to start.

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: uc360 conference unit
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 02:54:05 PM »
needing some help setting up a UC 360 Collaboration Point (conference unit). Not sure where to start.

Hi Rodney,
Is this a new unit? If not then I would start by doing a factory default and then upgrading the unit. To Factory Default:

Follow the onscreen instructions and then upgrade the UC360's firmware to the latest, which at the time of this writing is: 2.1.5.3, assuming you have MoL (Mitel on Line) access. If you do not have access you can also upgrade via HTTP (If the units current firmware is above version 2 I believe). To upgrade via HTTP, please see the attached guide.

...More to follow on the setting up of the UC360.

Thanks,
-Iron

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 02:56:00 PM »
Hi Rodney,
I've attached a guide on how to setup and configure the UC360 on a MiVoice Business (3300). I usually start with these step when beginning a new configuration and thus far has served me well. I hope this helps and gets you pointed in the right direction.

Thanks,
-Iron

**I removed and updated my guide a bit - It should be back up on this post.**
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 03:57:35 PM by irongladiator »

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 03:16:43 PM »
Hi Rodney,
One last thing I forgot to mention was the configuration of the Mitel UC360 unit itself. For that, please see the attached guide.

Thanks,
-Iron

Offline Rodney

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 03:51:23 PM »
does this ONLY work on SIP ? we dont use SIP .. not seeing this device type on my controller..... UC 360

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2016, 04:06:39 PM »
Hi Rodney,
Yep, Mitel's UC360 is a SIP only device. It doesn't connect like the other Mitel IP Phones (e.g. 5330e, 5340e type phones) those phones connect via Mitel's proprietary "MiNet Protocol". (FYI: I think the 5330e's and 5430e's can be set to SIP mode too, but I've never set that up - though I'd be curious to see it on an open source PBX like Microsoft's 3CX)

...and nope, you wouldn't see a UC360 in the drop down menu of Device Type in User and Services Configuration, you have to select UC Endpoint.

Also I got my 2nd post up prematurely as I went back in and removed the guide so that I could tweak it a bit, it should be back up now. If you follow it, you should be good to go. Hope this helps.

Thanks,
-Iron
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 04:10:04 PM by irongladiator »

Offline Rodney

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2016, 04:58:00 PM »
Thank you . You have been a big help, Still working on this  :-[ but closer than I was .. In Network Settings >Modify Static I have the Gateway ID in (our controller) VLAN Id and Priority Voice ..screen has  Audio Conferencing?

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2016, 05:36:49 PM »
Thank you . You have been a big help, Still working on this  :-[ but closer than I was .. In Network Settings >Modify Static I have the Gateway ID in (our controller) VLAN Id and Priority Voice ..screen has  Audio Conferencing?

Hi Rodney,
If you have a separate "Voice" VLAN, you'll want to configure it with the appropriate VLAN number. I've never touched Gateway ID nor the Priority Voice parts of the Mitel UC360. But as you probably know, Data/Voice Networks can be configured in many different ways. Best of luck to ya!

Thanks,
-Iron

Offline Rodney

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2016, 11:01:41 AM »
Irongladiator , I was able to get the unit up and making calls , Thank You again.. Another question ,How does the contacts populate ?  I went to LDAP/AD Settings and programmed the Directory sever IP Address and User Name,User Password, LDAP Search Base and LDAP Search Directory. still shows No Match...

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2016, 11:49:32 AM »
Irongladiator , I was able to get the unit up and making calls , Thank You again.. Another question ,How does the contacts populate ?  I went to LDAP/AD Settings and programmed the Directory sever IP Address and User Name,User Password, LDAP Search Base and LDAP Search Directory. still shows No Match...

Hi Rodney,
I'm glad to hear you we're able to get the UC360 up and running. With the question of "How does the contacts populate?". I'm not entirely sure, our office never had a use for that.....yet. I suppose I should look into it in case I have to implement one day. ;) I have ripped out that part from a UC360 guide and attached it to this ticket. I hope it proves helpful.

Thanks,
-Iron

Offline Rodney

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2016, 05:13:13 PM »
Thank You again Irongladiator... I got all three set up and working ,Except the contacts... I may have to get in touch Mitel about that. But Thank You for all you have done.... 8)

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2016, 06:31:28 PM »
Thank You again Irongladiator... I got all three set up and working ,Except the contacts... I may have to get in touch Mitel about that. But Thank You for all you have done.... 8)

Hi Rodney,
Not a problem, I'm glad to help. I know it took me more than a few hours to learn the UC360's. But once down, I documented my processes and 9 times out of 10 it just works! (it's usually that one time that there is something screwy - or what I think to be screwy with a customers network. But I can usually work through it.) Regarding the Contacts, I see that there is a few different ways to set that up. Kinda cool that you can use a .csv to push contacts in though. Good luck when the time comes for you to do that.

Thanks,
-Iron
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 07:16:34 PM by irongladiator »

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2016, 07:00:52 PM »
To get LDAP to work, you need to configure the LDAP Server Settings on the UC360:
Server hostname
AD UC360 account details so it can do the lookup
LDAP search base, directory, and search filter so it can find the correct field for contacts out of AD.
Contact attributes so it can match the search result attributes to the relevant fields in the UC360 contacts database.

Offline mszodiac

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2016, 11:34:52 AM »
In addition to what VinceWhirlwind said, if you don't use LDAP, you can also import the contacts (export from user and devices from MCD) to your UC360 using a USB key.  I've seen the instructions on a help file but unfortunately cannot find it at the moment.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2016, 01:37:20 PM »
In addition to what VinceWhirlwind said, if you don't use LDAP, you can also import the contacts (export from user and devices from MCD) to your UC360 using a USB key.  I've seen the instructions on a help file but unfortunately cannot find it at the moment.
I'd love to see those posted here.  Maybe someone else knows where to find it.

Ralph

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10