Author Topic: LX to MXe Migration  (Read 3607 times)

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
LX to MXe Migration
« on: September 01, 2009, 07:23:54 PM »
  I have a 3300 LX controller with 256M ram.  Thus we will need to upgrade it one way or another.  The system was put in by another vendor and to put it lightly the programming is not consistent or even is many cases logical.

Anyway, I was wondering if there was an easy way to migrate the LX database to the MXe platform?

Another option I was considering is getting him an LX controller with 512M as Mitel has some rebates on those right now.

A 3rd opitons might be to add memory to his 256M controller, but I don't know if that is possible.  I haven't opened a LX so don't know what type of memory they have.....

Thanks for ideas guys....

-Chak

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: LX to MXe Migration
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 09:54:47 AM »
There is a how-to on MOL for an upgrade path to the MXe, we have done this a few times. Best I can remember you have to delete anything that is programmed on the AMB that will not translate to the MXe and do a restore from that database onto the new controller.

If you look through the KB then you should be able to find it fairly easily.

Hope this helps.

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 10:51:27 PM »
  Have I mentioned - I'd pay $100 of my own cash towards getting the KB indexed by Google?  Anyone else, maybe we can get Mitel to help us out here!

-Chak

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 08:10:28 AM »
I'm thinking Mitel wouldn't want to have thier KB indexed in Google.   This type of thing should be done by dealers who would have access to the KB.   Allowing all the KB in the wild would have some bad effects. 
  - It would give the competition direct access to bugs and issues which would then be exploited.   
  - Dealers get paid to do certain type of things.   In the long run, a complete MFG supported KB is freely available to everyone, ultimately it would dilute the dealer base and the product would be weakers over all.   Trying to think of an example of what I mean here, the only thing I could come up with is the Asterisk pbx.    Free code, available support, wide open KB, but market share isn't anywhere near Mitel, NEC, Avaya, Nortel, Cisco.   Kinda of a weak example but there you have it.

Now having said all that, I'd have no problems with a user community supported KB.   There's a lot out there but finding it can be a pain.   Also, as a dealer, I'd love to have Mitel's KB indexed by Google even only if I can get to it when I'm logged in.   It's a real pain in the tukus to try and find stuff on the KB.

Ralph
www.state-wide-dental-plans.com

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 08:49:12 AM »
I feel your pain Ralph, it seems that every search result is a release note.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10