Author Topic: Attendant Console and Operator  (Read 3037 times)

Offline evan631

• View Profile
Attendant Console and Operator
« on: September 02, 2009, 11:41:35 AM »
I have an issue here that maybe you guys can point me in the right direction with...

When you dial our 800 number the attendant console picks up.  You can either dial an extension, go into directory, or dial 0 for the operator.  When you dial 0 for the operator it seems to go back into the attendant console VM system, asking you to enter a mailbox number.  I need it to ring an extension. 

Keep in mind we do not use the embedded voicemail for our users, just the attendant console.

Any thoughts?  I have looked in many place and thought i was on the right track, but no results.

Thanks,

Evan

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Attendant Console and Operator
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 01:32:26 PM »
I assume you mean your 800 number rings to an auto attendant.
Two things.   
  (1)  from your phone, dial "0" and see if you get "invalid"   if yes, you have to program the number to ring somehere.
 (2) Check your embedded VM and see what extension number is actually programmed in mailbox 0

Ralph
Sell your unused/Old Mitel equipment and phones: www.aavoicepro.com

Offline evan631

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 01:42:04 PM »
Thanks again Ralph for the reply!

I just figured out...when you dial 0 out of the attendant console it goes to our nupoint messaging for the company.  The receptionists desk is 6299; there was a VM on the embedded for 6299.  I removed the VM, and set 0 extension to 6299.  Now when you press 0 it rings 6299.  Now i need to figure out where the VM goes for that line.

Thanks
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 01:53:39 PM by evan631 »

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 09:57:26 AM »
It will most likely go to the embedded as long as the cal reroute is set up that way. If you don't want it to act any differently than if you dialed the 6299 from inside then change the mailbox type for mailbox "0" to "transfer" on the embedded system.

Offline evan631

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 10:08:42 AM »
I got it to work.  The problem was 6299 was already created on embedded and Nupoint. So i couldn't set 0 as 6299.  I just created a different VM for 6299 on NuPoint.  And removed the one on embedded. 

All working now.  And we now have a general mailbox for the outside callers calling into that office!

Thanks guys!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10