Author Topic: VMWare Training for Mitel  (Read 3437 times)

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
VMWare Training for Mitel
« on: May 29, 2012, 01:59:57 PM »
I'm looking to see what training courses that may be available for VMWare so that our techs can better support our customers with Mitel VM servers.
I'm looking at the Global Knowledge course here in the US but I don't know what we should start with.

Any one have any suggestions?

Ralph

Offline dozer

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: VMWare Training for Mitel
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 11:23:23 AM »
Start with VCP for technicians and VTSP for the sales team.  The VCP will give them a basic understanding of VMWare and the basic functions.  Once completed, a technician should be able to install and service a virtual solution.  The VTSP will give your sales team a solid understanding of the different VMWare products and structure.  That should get you started.

Offline martyn

• View Profile
Re: VMWare Training for Mitel
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 07:57:48 PM »
VCP is considered an entry level in to the VMWare world, but does leave you with a very good grounding in being able to do everything that a non VMware focussed tech would need to do.
The course is 5 days long and is run all the time all over the world. You cannot be VCP certified though if you haven't done the course but just skip to the exam.

If you wanted to save on course costs and just get them a good understanding of the product then I would suggest getting a Safari Books Online subscription, along with setting up a test lab. It works out for us to be about $45 a month for the subscription, but the amount that we use it means that the savings and learning advantages are well worth it.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10