Author Topic: 5312 ring feature  (Read 3707 times)

Offline armstr_a

• View Profile
5312 ring feature
« on: March 18, 2011, 11:50:58 AM »
Hi all,

Is it possible to have a call forward feature setup rather than the current call forward always which in our setup just sends calls to users voice mail. We would like it to ring several times giving a user who may be in the office chance to pickup that call if after several rings it then kicks into the users voice mail?
Sorry if this is really straight forward!

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: 5312 ring feature
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 02:08:46 PM »
There are multiple ways to do that but I'm not sure I have enough detail here to answer your question.
I'll assume you use a Mitel 3300.

Are we talking about individual users or something like a main number that rings to an attendant?
Is the "Call Forward Always" a button you push to activate on the phone or is it a code?

It's entirely possible, that if a phone is ringing and a user can hear it, that the person can just pick up their handset and press a "pickup" button to answer any ringing call in the group.

I think you may have to provide some more details for a better answer.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 01:55:38 PM by ralph »

Offline armstr_a

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 04:42:40 AM »
Sorry i was vague!

Yes its a 3300 System.

Individual DN's that are receiving from any number ring a few times giving the opportunity if there is someone in the office to answer the call, if not it then goes to there individual answer phone messages. Managers are complaining that there are too many calls coming through that just seem to ring out at present.

The call forward always is set as a feature key on our 5312 handsets at present. So users would call forward always to there voicemail or to another user if they are popping out briefly. But ideally would like the opportunity for there phone to ring a few times before going to there voicemail? Rather than straight to there voicemail when there was possibly someone in the office who could have picked up that call?

Hope this makes more sense.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 10:22:30 AM »
Try programming a "Call Forward No Answer" button rather than a "call Forward Always" button.
You'll need to use the munu to program it to go to VM but after than the button is a toggle.

Or you could just leave the phone programmed to go to VM on RNA and leave it.   
That way the phone will ring and if the user doesn't answer for any reason, it will still go to VM.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 01:55:16 PM by ralph »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10