Author Topic: vLan help  (Read 1145 times)

Offline sgates

• Contributer
    • View Profile
vLan help
« on: October 30, 2017, 09:58:00 AM »
My organization had a Mitel 5000 system installed back in February - we are still trying to get the system up and operational to its full capacity - to say that the vendor and Mitel have been less then supportive would be an understatement. We are at the point where our bosses are questioning the decision to implement the system. We have one last chance - implementing a voice vLan. We have tried to get support from our vendor to do this, and I have managed to figure out all but one thing - when I go to set up the IP range I get the error message that it is not within the Processor Module subnet. Any assistance would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks!

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: vLan help
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 10:29:37 AM »
sgates,

The IP Range has to be in the same range as the IP Settings of the system itself. So if the system IP address was 192.168.200.201/24 then the IP Range has to be 192.168.200.1-254 /24. Most of the time it is set to 192.168.200.20-200 to allow some static addresses above and below within the range, but that is up to each network engineer.

Thanks,

TE

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 07:21:42 PM »
Unlike the MiVB the MiVO250 can't serve DHCP for different subnets.

You will need to set this up on capable DHCP Server.

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2017, 05:18:15 AM »
What issues are you seeing, perhaps we can fix it for you without having to implement a Voice VLAN?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 09:45:01 AM »
What issues are you seeing, perhaps we can fix it for you without having to implement a Voice VLAN?
I would have to agree here, what issues are you having? Although having a voice VLAN is preferred, with properly configured QOS it is not necessary.

Can you give us an overview of your installation (controller, software version, number of device, trunking, network layout, etc) and what your issues are?

TBH, Mitel itself is very responsive to serious issues and if you are having significant problems that are not being addressed, the blame could fall back on your vendor. Not trying to nit-pick here, but Mitel equipment although far from perfect, is pretty rock stable in most instances.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10